Surgery date set, now I am a little nervous - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery date set, now I am a little nervous Surgery date set, now I am a little nervous

Unread 04-27-2012, 11:34 PM
Re: Surgery date set, now I am a little nervous

Lot to type read lap and ablasion 3 wks ago in alternatives
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2012, 12:03 AM

Sorry I thought was the thread I started and was not even reading right..sorry..you were not talking to me..lol
Unread 04-28-2012, 12:31 AM

My doctor suspects that I have adenomyosis. The lining of my uterus was three times the normal size and my uterus is enlarged. I have painful heavy periods and spotting through the month. I also have pelvic pain and pressure during ovulation which is last 2 to 4 days. I feel bloated and am anemic. I am not as bad as a lot of people but still it is causing discomfort and i am afraid it will just get worse. I also think that it is making my GERD worse and causing some bowl problems
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2012, 09:53 AM

I have super heavy bleeding and painful periods. I can't leave the house the first 3 days even if I double up on pads. Its awful. After some tests and ultrasounds they discovered I have an enlarged uterus. The Dr. was surprised at the size and how I didn't have more symptoms. The Dr. seems to think that my periods will get heavier and more painful and says that eventually I will be getting a hysterectomy so I might as well get it done now. I have my tubes tied and I am done having kids so the choice was pretty easy. My life will me easier and I can be a better Mom after I recover so off to the castle I go
Unread 04-28-2012, 10:22 PM

We went on a little mini vacation the week before my surgery and I'm so glad we did. My advice is to try and enjoy this time before your surgery so you don't go so cabin crazy during your recovery. Have some meals ready. Have your house clean and ready, but besides that just have fun in the mean time with family and friends.

I was planning on cooking ahead of time and freezing meals, but instead my husband encouraged me to by ready made frozen foods and they've been serving us well so far and I didn't have to knock myself out before my surgery getting everything prepared.
Unread 04-29-2012, 12:56 AM

I was nerveous also but felt everything was going to be alright. I had sleepless nights where I had to teka medication... but day of surgery was fine, the 1st 24 hours are not wonderful but not really horrible either. NO worse than the years of suffering I have been through already.
Day 4 after surger for me today and I am fine, I have to remind myself to be still..... Good luck and dont worry,,,,, keep busy, and spend time with people, not alone dwelling on the future.
Unread 04-29-2012, 09:44 AM

Ha, we are actually going to the beach on vacation the whole week before. I come back and have 2 days to get ready. I was supposed to have the surgery a little easier but postponed it because we already had booked our vacation. I will be the most tan girl in the castle. Thanks for the advice.
Unread 05-03-2012, 05:11 AM

June 14 is my surgery date. There's something weird about getting 'the date' - i think its too much time to worry.... :-(
Unread 05-07-2012, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lita39 View Post
Yes it seems to be getting more and more real as the date gets closer and I wonder what am I really getting myself into? Do I really need this surgery? Maybe I am just imagining the problems? Maybe I can just tough it out? I am starting to drive myself a bit crazy.
Hi! We share the same "castle day"!!!

It is super scary. And I don't like needles or any of that stuff, but if my doctor, whom I place all my confidence in, says I need it, I need it done. You aren't imagining your problems... imagine what your life will be when it's over and you are healthy? think of all the benefits of this life changing moment... my list is really long and I thank God everyday for giving me the courage and strength to move forward in my life and cannot wait to see what is in store for me during my next 40 years (or more!)....
Unread 05-07-2012, 11:44 PM

Hi azure39, i am much calmer now. My uterus has been bothering me so that has helped me know it is the right thing. Now just trying to get my house organized but my husband has been sick for a week and now my kids and I am not feeling so great either. So two weeks to get us health!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register