Is recovery the same for the LSH as robotic? Back to work in 2 weeks? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is recovery the same for the LSH as robotic?  Back to work in 2 weeks? Is recovery the same for the LSH as robotic? Back to work in 2 weeks?

Unread 04-27-2012, 06:08 PM
Re: Is recovery the same for the LSH as robotic? Back to work in 2 weeks?

And wow sharona19 only had to take rx pain meds for 5 days post op..your super woman I was on them longer then that after only ovary removal.Guess I'm a wimp..lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2012, 06:36 PM

aleta, IF I had a desk job.. and HAD to go in... I could function. ~After my post-op... which would be 16 days. I am almost 49 and have had many bad paps, so getting my cervix out was a not brainer... I am a worry wort, and a friend left hers... so, I was like, hmm...I always thought a hst. got rid of it all.. LOL> hang in there... I like to put positive things... heck, I did not read anything on this post, pre op.... NO WAY... Attitude is alot... and listening to your body... A week after my surgery, I went for a ride w/ hubby, climbed into his truck.. did not push myself, and go at my own pace... have been out almost daily... today, Walmart was all... and enough. But sit and relax... but keep getting up to move... KEY. you will be fine.
Unread 04-27-2012, 06:50 PM

Thanks newme Feels good to hear that.Unfortunately,I do not have a desk job though.Only time I sit is sch a pt for surgery or doing pt call backs,but I agree with you,attitude is key and if I think I can bet I can.Just gonna call myself the little engine that could.I think I can,I think I can..lol.
And the whole cervix thing I agree you really had no choice.I would not have left it either.At this point I have yet to ever have abnormal pap so if choice given to me and every thing looks good I would like to retain any " healthy organs" hopefully making a shorter recovery time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2012, 07:04 PM

I find it odd that with you working in a doctor's office that you would get so much grief about returning from surgical procedures. Also, while your cervix can stay or go by choice or necessity, it is not a separate organ. It is part of your uterus. There is much discussion as to whether it's loss affects pelvic floor stability. After its removal, the cuff that is created can be as strong or stronger than the "original" equipment. I do think that keeping it may lessen your recovery time, but I don't know by how much. I chose to have mine removed because I did not want to risk cancer and further sugeries. I also did not want to potentially suffer from mini periods by keeping my cervix. In the end, I went with an everything out da Vinci. I'm on HRT and do not regret my choices one bit. Are you covered by FMLA?
Unread 04-27-2012, 07:09 PM

I had a divinci on wed. I only took motrin and feel fine. More sore from the gas to blow my belly up than anything. I was cleared to drive and lift my kids. I generally heal quickly and have a pretty high pain tolerance. I slept on my stomach last night and showered and stayed on my own today. I know everyone heals at their own pace, but two weeks may not be completly unrealistic.
Unread 04-27-2012, 07:11 PM

No, I'm not superwoman by any means. For me, the surgery was less painful than what I dealt with pre op. I was immediately aware that I felt do much better. Don't get me wrong, I had pain that needed narcotics. I was just extremely lucky in my recovery and I have a very high tolerance to pain. It just shows how different we all are in our recoveries.
Unread 04-27-2012, 07:22 PM

I am I suppose.I am going to take FMLA but I live in tn and is right to fire state don't really have to give a reason.I may be worried over nothibg,just going from past.
It is a big deal to them that I'm out because we are a very busy office and have all been there for years so few of us due lots.If someone is out it really makes a differance,and that makes me feel bad as well
Unread 04-27-2012, 07:31 PM

I think my biggest problem is nerves.Today I even felt a little better and was talking to the PA at work and said maybe I should but it off.He threated to take my phone away and drive me his self..lol...most of the people at my work are supportive.I'm just scared and don't know what to expect.
Unread 04-27-2012, 07:40 PM

I'd think you were nuts if you weren't nervous. This surgery is a big deal. For me, it was life changing and I'm not being dramatic. We all come to a place when this surgery is before us and we question ourselves-should I just stick it out like I have been doing for years or I can't be this selfish, what about my family, my work? In the end, we know that we MUST do this for ourselves and our families and all other aspects of our life. This site is such God send in getting us through to the other side.
Unread 04-27-2012, 08:05 PM

I just had my 5 month checkup today! I am a teacher and I went back to work at 4 weeks, and I really felt like I was pushing it! I had a LSH and both ovaries removed- kept my cervix. I've had 3 c-sections and I'm definitely not a baby when it comes to pain, but I know FOR SURE, I couldn't have gone back to work at 2 weeks! My dr told me 4-6 weeks before I could return to work. I needed that time! For the first week I pretty much stayed in bed, second week I started to walk around the house and rest on the sofa.
Don't ush yourself too much- you only get one chance to heal properly! Let your family pamper you!! Best wishes and don't worry, it's really not that bad! 👑

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register