Is recovery the same for the LSH as robotic? Back to work in 2 weeks? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is recovery the same for the LSH as robotic?  Back to work in 2 weeks? Is recovery the same for the LSH as robotic? Back to work in 2 weeks?

Unread 04-28-2012, 07:33 AM
Re: Ablation and lap three weeks ago--any advice welcome--dr appt Thurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleta30 View Post
Do you think realistically I will be ok in 2 wks.I'm really worried bout it.When I had my ovary removed almost 2 yrs ago I came back in 4 days.(but was miserable)Not looking forward to recovery at all.I also have 2 children youngest only 2 and my husband not gonna be able to take but maybe 2 days off and then the weekend so I will be 4 days think I could drive.If not will have to keep her home with me
i don't think two weeks is long enough. i have had a fairly easy recovery in terms of pain, etc. however, even though i feel fine, my insides need to heal. we have to take it easy so that our insides heal correctly. going back to work could backfire. i hope i don't sound negative. i just think that i felt fine but i have been doing too much and i think that it backfired on me because now i have some soreness in my abdomen and i don't know what it is. the doctor told me to take it easy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2012, 09:24 AM
Re: Is recovery the same for the LSH as robotic? Back to work in 2 weeks?

I agree a ton with the poster that said the promise of robotic surgery is overstated. While your external incisions look great after a week, the internal stuff still needs JUST as long to heal. Thankfully, I'm a stay at home mom, so on the days I was in tears, I had the option of keeping the boys occupied with a board game while I napped on the couch. But full work after 2 weeks is a false promise. Give yourself the time you need or it will wind up taking longer overall.
Unread 04-28-2012, 10:22 AM

I wish I could go back to work at 2weeks. 6 weeks mandatory as Ican not back to wrk light duty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2012, 11:37 AM

Lexus1967..what kind of surgery did you have?I wish my doctor would have just said that to me.Would have made it easier
Unread 04-28-2012, 12:44 PM

my dr. said 6 weeks... at my post op, he said if I had to go back and felt like it, ok... but I had to take the 6 due to my job... and gonna enjoy every minute of it! I am feeling ok... I did slide a couch like 2 feet on tile today to see tv better... got a little worried, and hubby was not happy, but that is not lifting.... just put it at a better angle. I find myself worrying alot since this surgery.... almost anxiety... don't like that!!!! Dr. told me to resume activity as I can, but not to overdo... so, I moved the couch.... yikes?!
Unread 04-28-2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newme63 View Post
my dr. said 6 weeks... at my post op, he said if I had to go back and felt like it, ok... but I had to take the 6 due to my job... and gonna enjoy every minute of it! I am feeling ok... I did slide a couch like 2 feet on tile today to see tv better... got a little worried, and hubby was not happy, but that is not lifting.... just put it at a better angle. I find myself worrying alot since this surgery.... almost anxiety... don't like that!!!! Dr. told me to resume activity as I can, but not to overdo... so, I moved the couch.... yikes?!
NO SLIDING FURNITURE EITHER~ Pushing, pulling, lifting, all no no's. It isn't worth pulling a stitch and having to go to the emergency room just to get the couch at a better TV angle. I know it is so hard when we start feeling better, to still follow the restrictions.. Your Hubby was right to get mad. Please follow the restrictions even if your feeling better!
Unread 04-28-2012, 01:47 PM

Did you have pain with moving it??? My post op is 6 wks out
Unread 04-28-2012, 01:55 PM

My Dr. Told me I could do what I can. She said I could lift my kids the day after surgery. I had surgery on Wed., went to breakfast, Target, and the mall this morning. I carried my daughter for a bit. My only restrictions are no running for 5 weeks and no core work for 8 weeks. I think the key is to just to listen to your body.
Unread 04-28-2012, 02:22 PM

When i originally heard about my surgery I also said 2-3 weeks to my job. However, when my HR dept sent the paperwork to my surgeon, his office filled out the paperwork with a return to work in 6 weeks. So that's that. Yesterday I had my 2 weeks post op. My Dr. said if I had a desk job and I just absolutely had to, he would let me go back, BUT he would rather me not. So I'm not. He told me what else he ended up doing to me during my surgery. I thought I had only a hysterectomy. Apparently when they got in I had adhesions and scar tissue that they had to fix. So that's another thing, you really don't know what's going to happen to you until after the surgery. They may get in there and find all kinds of stuff they have to do. I would go with the max time and if you come back early so be it. Good Luck to you
Unread 04-28-2012, 02:41 PM

No pain... did not move an entire couch... I just took the arm of it and slid it over maybe a couple feet... and I won't do it again, promise! It has wood legs, so it slid on the tile floor... kind of like moving a big ottomon, really. My dr. told me to take it easy... I could swim... incorporate activities... he was pretty brief, but then again, I did not ask. I have not even put/taken things out of dishwasher, laundry etc. I have been very careful.... I did lift my dog, on instinct on day 3... (small shi-poo)... so she would not of jumped on my parents. We do things, and then think... I have gotten good at thinking first... but thanks for the scolding.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register