Scheduled TAH Pre-Op coming up and I am getting kinda scared! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-Op coming up and I am getting kinda scared! Pre-Op coming up and I am getting kinda scared!

Unread 05-06-2012, 12:35 AM
Re: Pre-Op coming up and I am getting kinda scared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaMay View Post
Ok Ladies...
I am set for the castle..Have to be there at 6 in the morning...
They start at 7 and will be in for about 2 hours..I will let you know how things go..Scared but I think I'm ready..
@Goatsnpigs..Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what I am in for step by step...I feel now I am ready..
I will be thinking of all of you here...I will be praying for you all...I will see you all on the other side...
Good luck honey. See you on the other side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2012, 03:27 AM

I wish you the best during your surgery and recovery. My LAVH is also next week on the 8th. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Unread 05-11-2012, 12:07 AM

Hi Ladies..
I am back from the other side..My trip to the castle is over and I am on my way to a better me..
I will just tell you things didn't go as planned..My period was like the Alamo and it made a last stand the day before...lol
Was in surgery longer then we had talked about..My uterus grew alot in the last few weeks and had mis-shaped the uterus..The 5/7 inch cut turned into being a hip to hip cut..
I lost a lot of blood..but I am happy to say all and all it's not near as bad as I thought..I had a good Doctor and his team were right on every problem as they hit...I had pain after but I think thats normal..I have no bleeding now..now just sore..I am still scared but I know that you guys are here...Your love and support has meant the world to me..I dont know if I would of made it without you all..I am so blessed..I have no words to tell you just how much..I am now thinking of all the sister's getting ready for their trip to the castle..I am with you all in spirit..I will be back as soon as I can sit longer...Thank you again Ladies...My prays are with you all!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-11-2012, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaMay View Post
Hi Ladies..
I am back from the other side..My trip to the castle is over and I am on my way to a better me..
I will just tell you things didn't go as planned..My period was like the Alamo and it made a last stand the day before...lol
Was in surgery longer then we had talked about..My uterus grew alot in the last few weeks and had mis-shaped the uterus..The 5/7 inch cut turned into being a hip to hip cut..
I lost a lot of blood..but I am happy to say all and all it's not near as bad as I thought..I had a good Doctor and his team were right on every problem as they hit...I had pain after but I think thats normal..I have no bleeding now..now just sore..I am still scared but I know that you guys are here...Your love and support has meant the world to me..I dont know if I would of made it without you all..I am so blessed..I have no words to tell you just how much..I am now thinking of all the sister's getting ready for their trip to the castle..I am with you all in spirit..I will be back as soon as I can sit longer...Thank you again Ladies...My prays are with you all!!
TinaMay congratulations on getting to the other side! Sorry to hear things didn't go quite by the book, but sounds like you had a great team there working on you and its fabulous that you are already feeling it was not as bad as you thought it could be. From here I hope you can rest and recover, take it easy on yourself, and don't be afraid to ask for and accept help. Don't rush your recovery. Take this as a special time for you. And know we are all here for each other.
Unread 05-11-2012, 12:40 AM

Wow TinaMay, we made it!! I too had an interesting situation, but am so grateful four our excellent Dr's and staff who took such good care of us during difficult circumstances. I am so happy to hear you are doing well. You could not have said it any better, the love and support we have found here was sent to us by God and his angels at at such a needed time in our lives. I feel like we have somehow graduated and are ready to help the "scrubs" as they call my daughter's lower grade students in Jr. High. To hear about my story visit:

LAVH "Episode" during surgery, doing well.

Keep us up-to-date on your recovery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register