How was your day? - Page 12 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How was your day? How was your day?

Unread 05-10-2012, 02:42 PM
Re: How was your day?

well i guess there will be no training from me to new girl.as soon as i got to work,dr's office called w/ a cancellation .i have to be at dr's office @8:15am for pre-op and surgery is @1:15pm tomorrow.now that its gonna take place,i may bolt and run.so no food or drink after 12:00 tonite.
yeah,congrats to Y7777-NO WAY WOULD I WANNA BE ON BUS W/ A BUNCH OF DELIGHTFUL KIDS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2012, 04:56 PM

Christinatas,
I am so glad you are getting your surgery so quickly! It will be good to get it behind you and you can start recovering. You know we will all be thinking of you tomorrow! I know how difficult this must be for you but hang in there, be brave and when you can type let us know how you are doing!
Best wishes for a speedy recovery and no more motor bike riding lol.
Unread 05-10-2012, 07:33 PM

Christinastas: Good luck with your surgery tomorrow, I will say a prayer for you tonight, let us know how your doing as soon as you can...hugs
Carnationz: I'm glad to hear that you are having a good day today, I tell you it does get better one day at a time.
Katwoman : hope your having a good day today...
Well let me tell you the field trip was ok and the kids were ok but the bus driver was the driver from hell...lol he was driving so fast and at one point had to stop so fast that if we were not wearing our seat belts we would of been flying, I actually yelled out to him to slow down, my gosh we all wanted to get home but in one piece... I'm so tired now and it's from the bus ride 3 hrs each way blah I think I would of been better off going to work!!!
You know girls I'm at 11 weeks since surgery and feeling so much better that some days I don't even think about it anymore, I still get the swelly belly at the end of the day but much less but thank GOD Im feeling back to normal and moving on. I say all this because I want you to know that you all will feel this way one day before you know it...hugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2012, 07:48 PM

Christinatas, I will be thinking of you tomorrow I know you will do just fine (you made it through a hysterectomy you can do this) let us know how you are if you can't type have someone do it for you just so we know you are alright. Xoxo
Unread 05-10-2012, 08:20 PM

I guess i will type= 1 peck o.k. 2=pecks not o.k.....lol...
But seriously i hav to go to office tomorrow @8:30am for xrays then be @hospital @10:15am for blood work.surgery is then supposed to be @1:15pm.so hey theres's still a chance that xrays will show its healing right but i just dont think so..oh yeah,i'll be honest,i got so nervous,i stole some of my hubby's cigs and i have smoked 2.i hope this wont be a deciding factor in surgery but he made me so nervous ,,he said i had not explained nothing to him and i had left him out in the dark.he jumped on me pretty bad.i love him but i told him it was like he just didnt care about me.,so i hope ya'll understand about the cigs.i could not help myself.i took 2 of my nerve pills(they're arent strong).maybe i have left him in the dark,but he's been ******* every since the accident,he did the same thing before my surgery(hyster).
I am scared-what if i dont wake up?i have found out also about smoking is the anesthesia raises blood pressure so i really shouldnt be worried but if dr does blood test or pee test,he may not do surgery.i hate myself for being weak.
Problems,problems,problems....
But its left arm so i will email ya'll as soon as i am released from hospital.
My family from tn is not even coming,due to a major financial crunch 7 months ago ,we borrowed money to not lose our home and my mother just expects us to **** it out.we dont have it.to be honset,god i am glad i can be honest w/ ya'll nobody but ONLY my little sister has called me since i broke collarbone,i have extreme hurt feelings.money is money,family is family.hurt!hurt!hurt!
My oldest son's birthday is tomorrow but he has not even called me-he is an extreme bipolar that needs medication,he's had very bad legal problems and thats where my mom and dad's money has went but she is using me and my borroWed money as a cop-out. My son is still mad @me for kidnapping him last year and bringing him from tennessee. I maybe little but he knew i was taking him by force and there was no escape from me.he did so well and then he called my mom and told her he was killing himself,and of course she came over here to rescue him.now he 's on probation,he stole a bunch of stuff and doesnt even remember doing it and he does not do drugs,he was going thru manic stage of his disease,so my mom paid his way out,about $7000.but she blames me.
Well this has really hurt my feelings,you all girls are my only psychiatrists right now and i lov ya'll for it.
Thank u for all prayers,i do believe i need them.
Unread 05-10-2012, 08:40 PM

I hope you will be honest with the doctor and tell him about smoking. Patients who smoke during the last 24 hours before surgery have twenty times more episodes of inadequate oxygen supply to the heart while under general anesthesia than the non-smokers. This means that a smoker’s chance of a heart attack due to smoking alone (not including smoking and medical history) is at least twenty times higher than in non-smokers. Smoking can also delay bone, ligament and soft tissue healing.

I understand that you want this surgery as soon as possible, but you could be putting yourself at risk. Please be honest with your doctor.
Unread 05-10-2012, 09:23 PM

ok thats my last email.i was only trying to write my friends.so have fun but i was only trying to let then know what was going on.so be it.this is not 1st time u did this,this was supposed to be a page where our friends could talk about our problems and not have a easedropper watching our every sentence.thanks for ruining our thread.
Unread 05-10-2012, 09:41 PM

Christinatas, you have a lot going on! You need to be kind to yourself. Ok - you smoked. Let the anesthetist know because that is important. I made it through 5 surgeries as a smoker and one as a nonsmoker. The important thing is that they know. Please don't be too hard on yourself, everyone just wants you to be ok in surgery. As an ex-smoker I do understand. I'd be really surprised if they cancelled surgery over two cigarettes - not that I'm the expert but I do know you have to let the anesthetist know please.
We'll talk about all the rest after you have surgery. Right now just focus on what you have to do to get better. Katwoman is right - you made it through a hysterectomy you can make it through this.
Tons of hugs, prayers and best wishes coming your way - and I'll be looking for one type for good and two for not :-)
Unread 05-10-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinatas View Post
ok thats my last email.i was only trying to write my friends.so have fun but i was only trying to let then know what was going on.so be it.this is not 1st time u did this,this was supposed to be a page where our friends could talk about our problems and not have a easedropper watching our every sentence.thanks for ruining our thread.
HysterSisters.com is a public website. Every post on the public boards can be read not only by staff, but also by every registered member along with anyone who has access to the world wide web. Additionally, every registered member is welcome to post on this thread which is part of an open forum. And regardless of where a thread is posted, staff always has the right to post and caution members when they are endangering their life. That is part of maintaining a responsible website.

You are endangering your life by smoking before surgery and anyone who is aware, friends and foe alike, should be cautioning you to talk to your doctor. That is part of being a responsible human being.

Unread 05-11-2012, 10:39 AM

Dear Christinatas,
Just want you to know that you're being thought about. I hope pre-op went well and you are now in surgery and it will all be over soon.
Christinatas, I know that you are very stressed right now - you have so much to contend with. I really hope that you will continue to post and let us know how you are doing. Everyone cares and that includes the hostesses who were just trying to make sure your surgery went ok. I hope you will understand that we all were concerned about the surgery and smoking because we care.
I look forward to hearing from you as soon as you are able!
Get well vibes being sent your way!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register