How was your day? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How was your day? How was your day?

Unread 04-28-2012, 05:25 PM
Re: How was your day?

I hope you feel better soon. It really stinks to feel so lousy. I have had a bad week trying to recover from an increase in a med that is causing tons of havoc. Keep getting excruciating leg cramps. It is a nice day though. Little cool. This week I get furniture delivered to my new apartment. New job, new town, new everything. Love the job and apartment and will really like it when I get a bed!!! I can't wait.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2012, 06:52 PM

Y777 - I too was given percocet for break through pain, codeine to be taken every 3-4 hrs. I found percocet too strong and ended up only taking half of one for breakthrough pain. Here you can take the unused meds back to the pharmacist for proper disposal - not the water supply and not the garbage so they don't end up in the mount of a child or animal.

Y777 - I'm still nursing my back - sigh. Going to be a weekend of looking at the dust looking back!
Unread 04-28-2012, 06:56 PM

Hi Zenyatta,
New everything for you! How exciting - especially the furniture! Congrats on the new job!
Keep reminding us there is life after hysterectomy! :-) Sorry you are having trouble with the meds - are they still working on adjusting them?
It's sunny and warm here after 2 days of rain. And I stayed on the bed or the chair that best supports my back - forget walking!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2012, 05:12 AM

good morning to all!its 7:10 ands looks to be foggy.
Unread 04-29-2012, 10:14 AM

Good morning ladies, hope everyone is feeling great today...
Christnastas: your up early, do you work today?
I'm so glad I work Monday thru Friday and have my weekends to rest, but I look forward to get out of the house and go to work.
It looks like its gonna be a beautiful sunny day today, maybe a BBQ is gonna happen.
Has anybody stopped eating red meat since surgery?
I have its been over 2 month since I've eaten meat and I feel great and don't miss it, and the reason was because I didn't want to become constipated and guess what I haven't been yay...
Unread 04-29-2012, 01:16 PM

no i work mondays thru saturdays.everybody says they dont know how i do everything but i do.my hubby did not go out of town but he did stay gone last nite for a couple of hours.so it was a little 'me-time'.
as far as red meat,if i can get a fresh med.rare steak cooked just right I WONT TURN IT DOWN.i am cooking spaghetti.i should've made something on grill cause its like 80 degrees and i just hav my windows open.i am cheapskate dont wanna turn ac on cause i am in/out of house alot.i feel so shutin when i turn ac on.
but really they do say its best not to eat redmeat but i was grown up to eat meat n taters!i am so COUNTRY.but i do like chicken,fish, and pork better,except for steaks,beef stew and beef tips w/ green peppers and onions.GOD,i am making myself hungry.but my mom had gotten polyps when i was younger and her dr said to not eat red meat and they would go away and they did.
i am trying to save money where i'll be off for surgery.i wish my shoulder would just go down but i think i jinxed myself when i said after the rough hyster.that i WOULD NOT HAVE anymore surgery.but yeah,even keeping ovaries its still was extremely emotional for me after surgery for the 1st 3 months.
Unread 04-29-2012, 05:32 PM

Meat and potatoes gal here too - but well done please! I could live with just a bbq and a microwave - until I want turkey lol.
Another bad night, slow day with back pain - pretty sure it's a pinched nerve - can't wait to go to chiro tomorrow. Pain is making me very crank!!!!! Had a go at my DH even as he was vacuuming for me - then I think, what the heck is wrong with me? He's helping - but I have feelings - like he'd rather be somewhere else. But then so would I lol.
I've missed the whole weekend trying to get comfortable, dozing off, waking up in pain in 20 minutes.... just fell asleep about 5 a.m. and woke to a nice French kiss - from my dog! I mean I like kisses BUT!! There's your laugh for the day!
Hubby is thinking about calling the pizza man - don't blame him since he's been doing most of the cooking - but I feel like something "healthier."
Oh well - Tuesday will be a better day after I've seen the chiro late tomorrow.........right?
Unread 04-30-2012, 05:39 AM

well got the kid off to go to school.i cannot ever go back to sleep.well i guess i will have enough pain meds cause meds say they were 9 day supply so i'll have to call pharmacy &get them to order pills again.it just blows my mind that pharmacies are only stocking generics and u have to order the brand.i have to wash dishes(1 handed).i told ya i dont have much home support,my family stinks.
i laid out in the sun yesterday.its supposed to be 80 again here today.i have to go to work today
Unread 04-30-2012, 06:34 AM

Christinatas, good morning hope today finds you feeling good. As far as washing dishes since you don't have help use paper plates and to cook in the oven tin pan's so you just cook,eat and throw away ! . So where do you live again?
Unread 04-30-2012, 06:48 AM

if only they made paper pots!i finally got kitchen cleaned except spaghettie pot.i live outside of asheville,nc where does everybody else live?
oh yeah i feel decent shoulder is just a little stiff.i started doing range of motion exercises for shoulder.i have my certified nurses aide license but still 50% usage of left arm.but i have also had pain meds so i know they mask yr pain.i think even if i cant quit smoking all the way,i will tell them i have.but i should be tapered off completely by the time 25th comes along.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register