How was your day? - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How was your day? How was your day?

Unread 05-02-2012, 03:11 PM
Re: How was your day?

well surgeon already told me 'he' wouldnt do surgery if i am still smoking.but now i am just not sure about surgery but now that i am down to half-pack i maybe completely quit by the time i go for surgery.i just dont know about anything.the smoking thing is just really for the recovery part but i may quit anyways i feel like a fool for smoking.it costs so much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2012, 05:59 PM

Hi ladies hope your day had been good to ya...
I've been feeling blah don't know if my hormones are acting up or what but I've been feeling jealousy of my husband and this never was an issue before I get jealous if he talks to women not all women but a few that we see daily at our kids sports place. It's driving me crazy and I get upset at him from one minute to the next. Don't get me wrong he's not doing anything but being polite and friendly but it bugs the crap out of me... What is happening to me I was never this way before and we've been married for 17 years...
Unread 05-02-2012, 06:37 PM

Y777 hey girl, maybe its the fact that we had a hysterectomy and you feel less of a women " but that is in no way true" we are just as sexy as everyone else. Your hubby was probably nice to them before but you didn't notice. Don't let that upset you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2012, 07:00 PM

Christinatas,

Please click the link below and pay special attention to the section on "How do you prepare for Shoulder Surgery". The last item says "Stop smoking at least six to eight weeks prior to surgery as smoking delays wound healing. Smokers are also more likely to have breathing problems during surgery."

http://www.healthgrades.com/procedur...oulder_surgery

It's very important to be completely honest with your doctor.
Unread 05-03-2012, 02:57 PM

how the heck was everybody's day?mine was just fine n dandy.i may start wearing sling 365 days a year,you get better sympathy tips.i may even get those old crutches out .
Unread 05-03-2012, 03:23 PM

Christinatas - you are funny girl! Did you go check out the link Catherine sent? I agree - I'm a former smoker and I always had to tell them honestly how much I smoked - it really is important to your well being -especially under anesthetic!
Y777 - I am thinking that jealousy is part of the way we are feeling. Not that we are less of a woman, but just that we are feeling blah after surgery and anyone else looks better! I have had the odd pang myself - especially one night when my husband had to respond to an emergency call at work. (He was back in 20 mins.) This might sound ironic but it's not that I really feel less of a woman - I feel less of a person because I'm feeling like such a burden on him. I think if I was in his shoes I'd want to run a million miles especially when I cry. But he's been here 31 years and we've been through surgeries, hard times financially, and good times - and - we are both still here. So I think your feelings are normal! Try to remember "this too shall pass." (But I wish it would all hurry up and pass! lol!) HUGS!
Unread 05-03-2012, 03:56 PM

Thank you girls your right it has to do with what we have been through but now I have to learn to get over this hump and stop being mad at my husband it's not his fault this women is constantly trying to get his attention he told me last night that he doesn't even notice her in that way but I just need him to understand what she is trying to do blah I hate feeling this way but like you said I hope it passes FAST lol...
Hope you all are feeling better today!!! Talk to you soon
Unread 05-03-2012, 04:09 PM

Y777 - you want to know what I am secretly mad at my husband for? Being the man and not having to go through this! And that comes and goes depending on my mood! Then I think about how loving and caring he is and how much he's done for me - used 2 1/2 weeks of his vacation time to sit at home and watch me sleep, cry, moan, ***** - I figure if he was really interested in someone else - he'd be long gone and who'd blame him? I even asked him once if he was going to leave and he quoted, "For better for worse, in sickness and in health." So I know it's just my feelings, hormones, aches and pains and - my grief at losing my uterus - all talking. This isn't a sliver we had pulled out of our finger! If your hubby was interested in her he wouldn't be helping you! Let's both (all) try to be a little kinder to ourselves - (and when I do that I'll probably be kinder to him too. After all - he's man - he can't fold towels right, load the dishwasher MY way................ you get the point :-)
Unread 05-03-2012, 04:21 PM

Yes I get it you just made me smile and made my day... I'm going to take your advise thank you...
Unread 05-03-2012, 04:41 PM

yeah,i agree w/carnationz-dont let yr emotions run amuck right now.its not fair for you or yr hubby.i told mine i'd be too expensive to get rid of.try not to say or do things you'll regret right now.i know i have said things to mine that if he would've said to me,i dont think i'd still be speaking to him.i try to think before i act but its really hard cause i will say things out of turn,especially to him.
i am doing my own non-smoking thing and i am getting things under control.i am doing very good in this aspect.i would rather just quit cold turkey but i am doing quite well.going to primary care dr tomorrow and i am gonna ask for some kind of medicine to help.i cannot take wellbutrin or chantix so hopefully dr will have something else that can help me.but its really not cravings,its nervousness and depression for me...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register