How was your day? - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How was your day? How was your day?

Unread 05-03-2012, 04:44 PM
Re: How was your day?

I get mad at my hubby for no good reason but I hold it all in cause he has done sooo much for me since the surgery from cooking,cleaning, washing clothes, food shopping,If thats not enough taking me to the bathroom all night and day and wiped my butt when I had a BM, gave me a shower up untill last week and iam 11 weeks today.wow now that I wrote it I really realize how much he did now I can't yell at him for sure LOL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2012, 04:59 PM

OOPS - I think I might of typed a bad word without realizing it and got censored! OOPS!
I'm glad I could make you smile Y777! I'll be off in a huff at my hubby any moment even after saying all of that lol. Christinatas - yup - I've YELLED at my husband because my pillows behind my back weren't right! The look on his face......as he straightened my pillows for the 5th or 6th time - I don't know where he got that patience from! One thing, no matter how awful or angry I feel - I always say thank you for everything he does. Yup - I hear "welcome" under his breath - but I make myself say thank you.
Good for you on the smoking. I'm glad that you are going to talk to the dr about it. The funny thing is I used to think I couldn't do anything without a smoke to back me up but believe me that is so not true! Have you gone over to the stop smoking forum? I might go just to have a peek at what people are saying these days because I quit so long ago so much has changed. Didn't even have those drugs back then. Maybe take a peek because I know whatever hint I got (which were all from my dr - I didn't talk to anyone else at the time like you can do here) all of them really helped. At the end of day 9 I knew I could do it! I swear to you this hysterectomy has been harder than quitting smoking - which was very hard - so you can do it - you've done this!!
Unread 05-03-2012, 05:05 PM

yeah i can do it but the rate i am going i just hope fingernails dont have many calories or else i am gonna grow very very large
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2012, 09:51 AM

Good Morning Girls
It's Friday and feeling great... I decided to get over myself about being jealous and not letting that women have power over me...
Hope everyone has a great day and weekend...
Unread 05-04-2012, 10:17 AM

You go chica, you are special and don't let anyone let you feel otherwise. I hope you have you have a great weekend.
Unread 05-04-2012, 10:21 AM

Thanks so much Katwomen!!!
Unread 05-04-2012, 10:45 AM

Having a party!!!
64 days after surgery I finally lied down flat on my bed ALL night! No sitting up sleeping last night and was able to roll onto both sides! My back was a bit sore off and on but I was able to fall back asleep. Left side of tummy a bit sore this morning but I didn't have pillow support on that side - wasn't expecting to roll over onto my left - but I don't care cuz I DID IT! I never thought I'd ever sleep on my sides again, that I'd always be propped up by pillows on my back for the rest of my life!
So anyone who is feeling down about recovering (including myself) - there you go! There will be a day to come for everything! It takes time and more time!

And my DH, he said, "Well. At least it wasn't 65 days." Hey - I wanted a party lol!

I hope you are all having as great a day as me despite tummy pangs but the joy of that accomplishment is going to help me deal with them!
Unread 05-04-2012, 11:31 AM

Yay for you carnationsz so happy for you!!! It only gets better!!!
Unread 05-04-2012, 02:44 PM

hey carnationz----what is difference in between SAH &TAH?
i went to dr he didnt put me on any antismoking aides at all.he said he thought if i truly wanted to quit smoking i will.also the rate i am going i'll be quit completely and i am a very healthy and strong-minded person.he said i hide stuff quite well and i would succeed in not smoking on my own.he kept me on the clonopin and lyrica for my legs.my blood pressure is down to 104/72!
Unread 05-04-2012, 03:21 PM

Hi Christinatas,
SAH = subtotal abdominal hysterectomy
TAH= total abdominal hysterectomy

The difference is I kept my cervix so it is called a sub total. I also had both ovaries out and both tubes but can't remember the abbreviations. As I understood it (or as I remember) total = cervix and uterus, Subtotal = just uterus and oopherectomy (if I have that right) = removal of one ovary and bilateral oopherectomy = removal of both ovaries. That's from memory without pulling out the books I bought. When asked before surgery what I was having done I tried to say "subtotal hysterectomy with bilateral oopherectomy" but got tongue tied lol so they told me to say it in plain words.
Well it sounds like you are doing well with the quitting smoking! Good for you!! You might ask the pharmacist if there are non drug things to help if you find you need it.
Holy smokes on the blood pressure! Isn't that below normal? Good for you! Quitting smoking will have a positive impact on your blood pressure too!

p.s. - I also ended up having to have a vertical incision vs a bikini cut - a last minute decision they had to make in the OR due to the size of a fibroid.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register