A little offended - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

A little offended A little offended

Unread 05-06-2012, 09:02 PM
Re: A little offended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelylady007us View Post
It hurts my feeling for my family not ti take care of me like I take care of them when they are sick if I gotta ask for food in the morning ill just get it myself I've been cooking for myself and everything I'm so exhausted Im just surprised that I have to fin for myself and I live with my sister and my daughter so I'm just a little sad about whole situation I dint feel loved or supported thanks sisters for u ladies mental support
Lovely lady, I am so sorry that you are feeling this way. It is so hard when you feel unloved or uncared for like this...maybe you could write them both a little note and tell them how you feel. Sometimes it's easier to put you feelings down on paper and it may be easier for them, in turn, to respond... In any event I certainly wish the best for you. If you have to cook your own food, know that when you're done eating, you can jump on the computer and get all of the love and support you could possibly need!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2012, 09:24 PM
A little offended

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchef View Post
Lovely lady, I am so sorry that you are feeling this way. It is so hard when you feel unloved or uncared for like this...maybe you could write them both a little note and tell them how you feel. Sometimes it's easier to put you feelings down on paper and it may be easier for them, in turn, to respond... In any event I certainly wish the best for you. If you have to cook your own food, know that when you're done eating, you can jump on the computer and get all of the love and support you could possibly need!
Im truly thankful for the support because I'm a wreck over here
Unread 05-13-2012, 08:28 AM

Yesterday I received the most wonderful phone call from an acquaintance who heard I had surgery. She shared with me her experience of having a hysterectomy but the best part was when she said, "You know what really surprised me? How emotional I was. I mean, I have five children and was way past the stage of having more and yet I felt such a deep loss. That was the hardest thing." Boy did that turn on the waterworks for me and reminded me that there are people who understand (thank God for the Sisters here!).

I am 50, two children (had no plans of more...tubes tied at 26) and recently got married (after a very sad divorce ten years ago). My DH is childless but absolutely did not want any other than the "already raised" two college age kids I brought to the scene ha!

So it is just threw me, the emotions. And then, because I am newly married so many people started throwing out the "oh when are you two having kids" comments and laughing (because they know we are older?). I even had one woman who came to me because she heard a "rumor" I was pregnant. Unbelievable. I guess that kind of ignorance has surprised me as much as my own emotional trip. Peace to all of you struggling with some of this same stuff and I can only hope it will make me stronger and more sensitive when I get to the other side.

On another note thanks for all the info about healing and recovery. I keep feeling like I am "better" because I have no pain but then I walk or stand too long (which is really hardly at all) and that persistent "heaviness" comes back. Last night, insomnia. So here I am, at 4am reading through the posts and I come across all of this info about healing and internal stitches and why we feel the way we feel. Amazing. I was beginning to feel guilty about thinking I was not ready for work (I am a teacher and teach a subject that involves a lot of physical activity, lifting, set-up, etc.) despite my doc saying that after two weeks I would probably be fine.

I am definitely not fine and do not feel ready to return. Reading through the posts gave me courage and the confidence to listen to my body and make sure I take the time I need to heal properly. Thank-you so much for this gift. Hope my 'mash-up' post makes sense!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2012, 10:31 AM

People are just so insensitive sometimes and don't think before they open their mouths. It's just frustrating. They don't realize how difficult a hysterectomy is physically and emotionally whether you are prepared for it or not.

Sending hugs and healing thoughts.
Unread 05-13-2012, 12:08 PM

I have found, like funerals and cancer, the people you think will be there just are not. I am 50 and have embraced my decision to do a RALF. It went very well and I am home. I am lucky that I have very supportive friends and family and I have suffered very quietly for years and they know that. I made a point of saying this is a major surgery that requires significant downtime, even though I work from home and at my office. Pick your battles right now, anger will just make you more depressed.
Unread 05-13-2012, 01:00 PM

May I ask what is a RALF? I am glad that it is over for You. Do you feel better?

Unread 05-13-2012, 01:12 PM

RALF is the Da Vinci robotics surgery.
Unread 05-13-2012, 01:30 PM

What do we have to do to be able to put a picture with our name?
Unread 05-13-2012, 01:39 PM

What does the F stand for? Thanks.
Unread 05-13-2012, 03:40 PM

I'm getting a lot of the same responses -- at your age - you don't need them anymore, get it over with, not that big of a deal, quit making it such a big deal just do it. Or we get the comment from those who have had kids to just be done with it all not thinking how it may make those of us who never were given the opportunity to have kids feel. It's a game ender. Even if you thought / never planned to have kids, this is a formal announcement of that decision -- and that is hard to swallow at times.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register