A little offended - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

A little offended A little offended

Unread 05-13-2012, 04:09 PM
Re: A little offended

So sorry you ladies have people who expose you to heartless responses to your concerns and fears. As you can see, you have us Hyster Sisters to talk to when they hurt your feelings and are ignorant to your needs. For those who make comments like "At least it's not me" but for the grace of God go I.... it could be that tomorrow their lives will be up ended like yours has been. Some people are takers and never givers. We are of the mind set that we lean on each other when we feel lost or no one understands what we are going through and we pay it forward by helping each other when we have experiences and information to share. This is a big event for you and you need your support system especially now! Rely on those who understand or at least want to give you support even if they are clueless. A good listener does not need to knwo the answers, just a hug sometimes is all you need. Sending you hugs and love. Hang in there. You have already been through a lot based on your post, so I know you are much stronger than you are giving yourself credit for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2012, 08:39 PM

I'm so grateul that I found this thread. I can totally empathize with everyone who has felt let down by their friends. I am almost 4 weeks post-op and have not heard from some people that I thought were my "friends." I am truly grateful for the people who have kept in touch and for this support group. It helps to know that we are not alone in this.
Unread 05-13-2012, 08:41 PM

Thanks for the wise words. I really needed them!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2012, 08:54 PM

I am so sick of people acting like I should be so excited to not have periods anymore? Do they really think we chose to be cut open and get organs removed and our insides rearranged just to avoid periods?
:cathugs:
Unread 05-13-2012, 09:08 PM
A little offended

I think I would be a little more then just a LITTLE offended. I Think you have every right to be upset. I'm 28 and just had one. And in my very short exspireance most woman take their stuff for granted. And are nieve about how much it sucks not only physically but emotionally. If u ever need an ear I'm here!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register