Scheduled dVH/RALH Worst case scenarios (non-medical) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Worst case scenarios (non-medical) Worst case scenarios (non-medical)

Unread 04-30-2012, 12:39 PM
Worst case scenarios (non-medical)

Well, I woke up this morning and learned that flooding may cause the route to the hospital to be closed Wed. We may have to leave the house at 4:15 AM. I got upset and my husband told me to quit worrying. I told him that I would stay at a hotel but I didn't want to do the bowel prep there. "What's bowel prep?" So I told him. He is now making jokes about it. Then at work a lady is upset about the way that we recognized her at an event. It wasn't my fault...I can handle upset people if I screw up, but when we go out of our way to do something nice for someone and they get upset it hurts. Ordinarily it would not be a big deal, but I won't be in the office for weeks after today and I won't get to see how it turns out. A lot of times these things can be fixed, but I won't know about it. I wish I had a hotline to call where someone would just listen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2012, 12:52 PM
Re: Worst case scenarios (non-medical)

If my DH had cracked that remark about bowel prep I'd of blown a gasket!! So sorry he isn't taking this seriously. You only have one day left to educate him on what you'll need from him with recovery. I'd suggest you sit him down tonight for a very long and serious talk. If he's being like this it may just be that he doesn't understand what it is all about.Your going to need him to understand, especially the first week of recovery.Good luck to you!
Unread 04-30-2012, 12:56 PM

I've explained that I will need a lot of help and he does plan to help w/meals...he'll be home from work with me the day of surgery, when I come home Thursday, and Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I think that part he gets. He's had a dislocated knee, a shoulder procedure and a stent in his heart so he does get anesthetic and post-op stuff. He just thinks digestive problems (bowel prep or otherwise) have an element of humor. If I wasn't having surgery and I had had some bad sushi I wouldn't care as much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2012, 01:00 PM

And he washed the sheets and comforter yesterday while I worked. Again, I just need to vent and I don't know where else to go.
Unread 04-30-2012, 01:12 PM

This is the right place when you want or need to vent. We have all been in the same situation (more or less). Prior to the surgery it seemed very big for me, but I had a good recovery. Good luck. d'lorah X83125
Unread 04-30-2012, 01:14 PM

Bowel issues are HUGE the first week. Some hurt, you'll go through a scenario of seeing what products work for you to keep them soft and regular. When you finally " get it right"you'll be excited like a little kid being potty trained. ( I actually called up my Mom to let her know, lol) If your DH likes to crack jokes, be prepared for it. Post op emotions go haywire and you'll be surprised at the stupid stuff that will make you cry!
Unread 04-30-2012, 01:42 PM

Go ahead and vent here. It's stressful! We've been there. Ihope it all goes well when the time comes.
Unread 04-30-2012, 01:52 PM

I had a hellish (I hope that word is ok) time with bowels after a broken rib because the first 2.5 weeks I was on vicodin. That causes constipation. As soon as I got off of that, I had a very bad weekend.....and then I was ok.

Can you drink the bowel prep stuff after? I bought 2 extra bottles in case that's permitted. May not drink it all after.
Unread 04-30-2012, 01:55 PM

I'd ask your Dr and tell him your past experience. He might agree, or have an alternative.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register