How Large Has Your Uterus Grown? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How Large Has Your Uterus Grown? How Large Has Your Uterus Grown?

Unread 04-30-2012, 04:38 PM
How Large Has Your Uterus Grown?

I'm curious about how my uterus sizes up to others. My doctor said that it's not really that large, but it sure is, quite literally, a pain in my tush.

Mine is 9.6 x 6.3 x 5.3cm

I have symptoms that suggest adenomyosis, including my misshapen uterus.

I am just trying to figure out the likelihood that the doctor will suggest that I remove my uterus when he repairs the rectocele and cystocele.

What has been your experience?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2012, 08:46 PM
Re: How Large Has Your Uterus Grown?

I am not sure of the exact measurement but my largest fibroid is 20 cm and I am measuring a 7 month pregnant uterus. It is causing a lot of issues and we won't know them all until they are "in there" including a possibility of ovarian cancer. My surgery is Thursday and I am torn between hurry up and get it over with and wish it wouldn't come.
The space above my naval is freakishly large. I thought I had a separate issues (like a hernia) but my gyno/onco assured me it was this huge mass pushing it up like that and also making my bladder issues the other direction.
I don't think it matters that your doctor doesn't feel it is "that large" because being abnormal from it's "norm" can and does cause discomfort, pain and other issues.
Good luck to you!
Unread 04-30-2012, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcar68 View Post
I am not sure of the exact measurement but my largest fibroid is 20 cm and I am measuring a 7 month pregnant uterus. It is causing a lot of issues and we won't know them all until they are "in there" including a possibility of ovarian cancer. My surgery is Thursday and I am torn between hurry up and get it over with and wish it wouldn't come.
The space above my naval is freakishly large. I thought I had a separate issues (like a hernia) but my gyno/onco assured me it was this huge mass pushing it up like that and also making my bladder issues the other direction.
I don't think it matters that your doctor doesn't feel it is "that large" because being abnormal from it's "norm" can and does cause discomfort, pain and other issues.
Good luck to you!
Oh my goodness. I pray that they find that removing the fibroid and uterus fixes your problems and that there is no cancer.

Thank you for the encouragement.

I'll try to keep up with your posts to see how you're doing. ((hugs))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2012, 09:53 PM

My uterus measures 8.9cm long, 8.8cm front to back and 9.9 horizontally. That's larger than the norm and mine is also retroflexed, bent backward ( Go figure). I am glad for the surgery and scared also.

I hope that you both have safe surgeries and find relief.

((HUGS))
Unread 04-30-2012, 10:06 PM

Thank you Dormouse! The best to you too and Tonjac I hope everything goes well for you too, looks like you are the day after me.
**HUGS**
Unread 04-30-2012, 10:26 PM

Hi all...my uterus is 18.8x9.8x9.2 with one larger fibroid (8x7x5)and at least 2 smaller ones. That's up about 3 cm from one year ago and over twice what it was two years ago. I think I was told I have about a 4-5 month size uterus? Anyway, surgery (hopefully, LAVH, if all goes well) is two weeks from today. For me, the deciding factor was the worsening Anemia/Iron deficiency despite taking iron for a whole year. Feeling hopeful and optimistic with occasional bouts of panic. I feel like I did all I could to try to put it off and wait till menopause, but have come to the realization that it's the best option for me at this point and I'm looking forward to being on the other side of recovery.

I'll be thinking about you all...hope it goes as smoothly as possible. Hugs...
Unread 04-30-2012, 10:53 PM

My measures 11.5 x 7.4 x 9.1 cm. It is suspected I have adenomyosis. I too am anemic. I have pain and pressure esp. Mid cycle. My stomach sticks out. I swear I can feel my uterus when i bend over and it is uncomfortable . I feel bloated. I think it has also effected my bladder and GERD issues. I am hoping all the strange little symptoms I have go away with my uterus. Oh, I also have had more pain around my hips. I do not know if that is related or not.
Unread 05-01-2012, 06:36 AM

Hello!!
My uterus measured 16.1 x 8.8 x 10.5 with a couple large fibroids, the biggest being at the top, above my belly button. Let me tell you ladies that from the moment I was in recovery, I could feel a difference. By the third day in the hospital, I could see that the area above my navel was much more flat. And GONE was the pain and discomfort I constantly felt. I am only three weeks out but I feel SO much better. The constant fullness and bloating is gone. Yes, the swelly belly is here but compared to how I felt three weeks and one day ago, I'll gladly deal with it!! And no more awful, random, painful periods!! I just know you will be so happy on the other side too!!
Use this time to learn and research and plan and organize and before you know it, you'll be done.
pcar68, I will be hoping and praying for good news from you real soon. xxxLaura
Unread 05-01-2012, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonjac View Post
My uterus measures 8.9cm long, 8.8cm front to back and 9.9 horizontally. That's larger than the norm and mine is also retroflexed, bent backward ( Go figure). I am glad for the surgery and scared also.

I hope that you both have safe surgeries and find relief.

((HUGS))
Mine is flipped back too. That's part of the reason I think it is literally a pain in the tush.

I'm anxious to just talk to the surgeon and find out what he thinks will be the best option. I feel like I'll probably be letting the uterus go. I have a love/hate relationship with it. I can imagine feeling glad and scared for the surgery at the same time.

Praying that you have the most complication free surgery and easiest of recoveries. ((hugs))
Unread 05-01-2012, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall Aster View Post
Hi all...my uterus is 18.8x9.8x9.2 with one larger fibroid (8x7x5)and at least 2 smaller ones. That's up about 3 cm from one year ago and over twice what it was two years ago. I think I was told I have about a 4-5 month size uterus? Anyway, surgery (hopefully, LAVH, if all goes well) is two weeks from today. For me, the deciding factor was the worsening Anemia/Iron deficiency despite taking iron for a whole year. Feeling hopeful and optimistic with occasional bouts of panic. I feel like I did all I could to try to put it off and wait till menopause, but have come to the realization that it's the best option for me at this point and I'm looking forward to being on the other side of recovery.

I'll be thinking about you all...hope it goes as smoothly as possible. Hugs...
I imagine you are going to feel so much better after recovery. You must be so very uncomfortable right now.

I'll remember your recovering when I go in for my consultation on May 17th. Praying that everything goes as smoothly as possible with you. ((hugs))

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register