How Large Has Your Uterus Grown? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How Large Has Your Uterus Grown? How Large Has Your Uterus Grown?

Unread 05-01-2012, 09:32 PM
Re: How Large Has Your Uterus Grown?

Mine is 13.2 long and 9.6 X 10.7 across. I see the doctor tomorrow to discuss what to do. I am really uncomfrtable and tired odf peeing all of the time. I also have other symtoms. I can't decide wether to just have the Hysterectomy and get it over with or try something less invasive. I am 53 and done have kids.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2012, 11:21 PM

My doctor says my uterus is mildly enlarged. But it feels bigger than a few months ago to me. During my last period I became extremely bloated....couldnt fit into my pants. My uterus is retroverted slightly more to the left. I am relieved to read "dormouse" reply because her symptoms are identical to mine. Only on the left side with nerve and hip pain. My surgery is in 2 weeks and I am praying its just adeno like my doctor thinks. Thank you to all of you....its so nice not to be alone. I feel none of my friends truly get it and I am kind of freaking out with worry.
Unread 05-02-2012, 09:46 AM

I know what you mean about others not understanding. This is taking on a whole life of it's own. I am getting more miserable by the day and just want it over with. I am very uncomfortable. I was awake half the night, tossing, turning, running to pee, back hurting and such. I wish we could all talk in person but I appreciate this too.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2012, 01:03 PM

My symptoms are better because I still have the effects of the BC pill in me. I still have managable pain everyday though. When is your surgery? Lets try to keep in touch.
Unread 05-02-2012, 01:49 PM

Mine measures 11.3 x 5.4 x 6.6. Plus I have a 4.8 fibroid on the outside. Left ovary enlarged with cysts. My back is starting to hurt. My husband just doesn't get it. He wants to get as much sex in as he can before my surgery. June 13th.
Unread 05-02-2012, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaredycat04 View Post
I hope so. I called the office and left a message for the triage nurse. I wonder if she could tell me for my records. I am getting nervous the more I read and more symptoms I begin to develop.

She should be able to look up the information on your records. You can also ask her to send you a copy of the ultrasound report. My Family doctor sends all of our test reports via email. I love it. But out of all of the doctors that we as a family have I only have one that operates that way.

Try not to be too nervous. Try to educate yourself without slipping of to the hysterical side.

I usually end up hysterical and have to reel myself in. I try to tell myself that a lot of what I am reading is worst case scenario and the worst case rarely happens. ((hugs))
Unread 05-02-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waduckfan View Post
I'm not sure how big mine is either but today it feels like it weighs 100 pounds...UGHHH!!! My surgery is scheduled for June 18 and I can't wait. I had a lap, D&C and hysteroscopy in December and had fibroids and uterine polyps removed but in seeing the surgeon last week, she said my uterus was larger than it should be because of more fibroids. As she put it, I'm under attack by my uterus so it's time to get it gone! I'm nervous, happy, scared....I just want my life back!! Do any of you feel the same?

Angela
OUT WITH THE EVIL ATTACKING UTERUS!

I like that! When our uterus is no longer our friend, then we have to break off of that relationship and move on!

Yes, I feel like that. I want to know exactly what's wrong with me, how to fix it, how soon we can fix it, and I want to know that I will feel better than I do now.

I want my life back plus better!
Unread 05-02-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelyladylumps View Post
Mine is 13.2 long and 9.6 X 10.7 across. I see the doctor tomorrow to discuss what to do. I am really uncomfrtable and tired odf peeing all of the time. I also have other symtoms. I can't decide wether to just have the Hysterectomy and get it over with or try something less invasive. I am 53 and done have kids.
I hope you're back with some answers.

I think whatever I get done is going to be invasive because my biggest issues are the rectocele and cystocele. I don't have a choice. There really is no fixing it without surgery. I, personally, refuse to walk around like this waiting for it to get worse. I just wonder if my aggravating uterus is worth saving.

I think the decision of whether or not to keep my uterus would be even more difficult if I were not having other prolapse issues.
Unread 05-02-2012, 03:15 PM

It also sometimes helps me to remember that this is one of the most common surgeries performed on women...they do it every day. Sorta like what I tell myself when I get on an airplane;-) For them, it's normal and not such a big deal. We're all different, but the fact that it's so common can make me a bit calmer.
Unread 05-02-2012, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherr73 View Post
My uterus is 11x5x6 cm, which my doctor said is 'mildly enlarged'. I have suspected adenomyosis. I can't quite get passed the scared enough to be happy yet, but I do hope my mid-section will feel less full and heavy all of the time.
I hope you will feel better soon. ((hugs))

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register