Loss of appetite? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Loss of appetite? Loss of appetite?

Unread 05-02-2012, 07:09 AM
Loss of appetite?

I've been dealing with abdominal pin for sevearl months, up until 2 weeks ago we thought it was gastro/colon related, so I haven't had a full digested meal since March. Right now I'm got tummy rumbles pretty much all day, saying "eat, you're hungry", but solid foods are not appetizing to me at all. Anytime I do eat, it's a very small portion, leaving me hungry. I feel like I'm subsisting on frozen fruit bars and chicken noodle soup. The fact that I'm still not able to eat a full meal has me thinking that my pain IS in fact stemming from a gastro/colon problem.

Tests run onthe gastro side found nothing, a sonogram found blood pooling in my uterus and unable to drain... hence the need for the hyst.

Am I just psyching myself out about the food and eating? Anyone else with uterine pains see a loss of appetite?

Sam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2012, 01:39 PM
Re: Loss of appetite?

I wish I had a clear answer for you on your issues, but I simply don't. It could be any number of things causing you to lose your appetite. I think it is good news that the gastro stuff turned out to be normal, at least you could rule out something there...however, a second opinion just to double check never hurts....

For me, when I am (or was) in pain, the last thing I wanted to do was eat. I felt bloated every time I ate, so I just didn't eat much. I would say it is possible that your pain is causing you to not have an appetite and hopefully after your surgery, you will feel better and can start eating more balanced meals.

It could also be stress that has caused you to lose your appetite. I know before my surgery, I was stressed out to the MAX and didn't feel like eating much of anything because if I ate, then I felt sick to my stomach.

I hope you get some answers soon and I hope more than anything that it is nothing serious and will resolve itself soon!!

Sending you positive thoughts and

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register