Surgery cancelled! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery cancelled! Surgery cancelled!

Unread 01-12-2002, 01:46 PM
Surgery cancelled!

Hello again, everyone and thanks in particular to those sisters who responded to my post. Your words were inspirational and refreshing! I've been truly blessed by coming to this site and receiving such warm responses.

My ob/gyn cancelled my surgery because of my low hemo level; has recommended that I receive Lupron injections for about two months, and hopefully with good results, I will be on my way to the castle very soon after. Kinda takes the stress out of the visit that I will be making to the cardio with results of my ekg and echo, for medical clearance in that respect.

I know that all things happen for a reason and thank goodness I do have a good group of doctors who are really looking out for my health, because you are right sisters, don't want any complications during surgery! My stress level is way down now, and I'm no longer fretting about the actual surgery, in fact I'm pretty gung-** about it!

I understand that one sister has taken the Lupron with positive results! I've done little research and found there are side effects - Would like to hear more from sisters who have gone thru this! Waiting patiently for all responses!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2002, 05:02 PM
Surgery cancelled!

Hi ShirlRobs,

Sorry to hear that your surgery was cancelled. Since Lupron shuts your hormones down, the most common side effect is hot flashes. I had a Lupron injection 7 years ago a month before a myomectomy. I had some nasty side effects- hot flashes, headaches, nausea, and night sweats. I was pretty miserable. My sister had some Lupron injections for another problem and had absolutely no side effects. Everyone is different.
Unread 01-12-2002, 05:22 PM
currently on lupron

welcome shirlrobs! i'm sure some of the other ladies have had longer experiences with lupron than i have; but i'll tell you what i know about it. just take it with a grain of salt, cause we're all different, ok? when i first went to my doc, he did an ultrasound which showed my uterous at 20 weeks gestation size, an 8 cm tumor and a tennis ball sized ovarian cyst. he felt it was best to put me on lupron for a couple months to reduce the size of both the uterous and the tumor before doing surgery. as he explained it to me, lupron may, or may not actually reduce the size of the tumor, but it more or less shrinks the blood vessels on the outside of the uterous and tumors prior to surgery for less blood loss during surgery.
i've been on lupron for 2 months now; and although i've had a lot of side effects, i can honestly say that they're not unbearable. since it is designed to induce a chemical menapause, i've had the usual hot flashes, weight gain, dry skin joint stiffness, and emotional episodes--lol- these days i seem to cry at anything happy or sad; really doesn't matter. luckily i have a fiancee that is soooooooo understanding that i think i'll nominate him for the lupron SO of the year! it hasn't been fun by any means, but it HAS been ok! honest. i go to surgery on january 24, and if this drug makes that surgery any easier at all- then it will be well worth it. if you have any questions, or just feel like talking, feel free to message me eva
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2002, 10:29 PM
Surgery cancelled!

Hello SHIRLR
I am sorry to hear that your surgery has been postponed, but I am glad to hear that your is looking out for your well being. I don't know anything about those shots, but hopefully they will work well for you.
I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that you will get well soon, and be able to have your surgery.
Take Care
Unread 01-13-2002, 08:54 AM
Surgery cancelled!

Hi Shirlrobs....I am new to the site today but I saw your question on lupron injections so I thought I'd throw in my experience for you as well. I have been on lupron injections twice with a length of six months each for relief from endometriosis. I never had a single side effect. Now, I realize that is just me and others haven't been as fortunate but for me those breaks from pain were a godsend. Good luck to you! Hope all goes well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register