How soon after surgery did you experience changes? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How soon after surgery did you experience changes? How soon after surgery did you experience changes?

Unread 05-11-2012, 01:30 AM
Re: How soon after surgery did you experience changes?

I've got my post op appt on 5/24 mostly to get the all clear for work with no restrictions. I might need something for the insomnia like Lunesta. So far the hot flashes are mild, infrequent & bearable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-11-2012, 03:01 PM

I had total on 4/13 and started hrt in the hospital. I wasn't taking any chances!! Felt great, bragged that it was a piece of cake. Went back to work after work after two week then WHAM!!!!!!!!!! I SWEAR a truck hit me and I just didn't see it!!! Have been off work all this week. Sleeping 20-22 hours a day, no appetite (the only good thing in all of this is i have lost 6 lbs!!) and overall feel like a noodle!!! Went to the Dr. Tues and she doubled my hormones but said my levels were very low and it would take a while to see a difference and to keep resting. She said if this doesn't work we would switch (on Premarin)
Does anyone know how long it takes for a dose change to kick in before you would do somenthing else? I go back to the doctor on Tuesday. And to just add a wrinkle to all this, I'm supposed to take my family to Disneyworld next weekend for a week!!!! Anyone know of a miracle energy drug that is NOT illegal?!!
Unread 05-11-2012, 03:17 PM

Wow. I think many of us over estimate our abilities sometimes. I'm envious of your ability to sleep for that many hours, I can only dream of sleeping that long. I can only say good luck to you and make sure you get enough protein & enough fat to help power you through your trip to Disneyworld
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-15-2012, 08:59 PM

Hi all! Just curious, has any one felt like their taste buds have changed?
Unread 05-16-2012, 06:43 AM

I have noticed that. I bet it's the hormones. I am nauseous after I eat anything, asked Dr. about it yest. and she said that was the hormones. Switched from Premarin to the gel yest so will be interested to see if that will change anything.
Unread 05-16-2012, 07:09 AM

That sucks. I hope you get the nausea under control. I know they can give you something to help. I haven't started HRT yet. So far everything is bearable, I mean the sweats suck & the inability to regulate my body temp is a challenge but I can manage so far. It's frustrating because I was eating something the other day that normally tastes good but it just didn't seem to taste the same or that good for that matter.
Unread 05-16-2012, 05:05 PM

I got symptoms around 2 weeks. I have hot flashes, nausea, brain fog, trouble sleeping, and mood changes. I'm not on HRT. I started Evening Primrose Oil, hopefully that helps. For nausea, I have Zofran or Atarax.

I've had taste buds issues before. I can't tell if its from allergies/sinus problems, medicines, or hormones.
Unread 05-17-2012, 05:19 PM

Mine was 2 weeks. And everyone is different. I work out 2 hours a day im46 145lbs working out you burn through hormones faster. Also I hear adding progestrone to est hekps keep endo away. If you cant take hrt. A lady swears by centrum menapause and evening primrose. Who knows I wasnt so lucky with hrt. As my dose was so low I ended up with chronic insomina anxiert heart palps. Hot flashes. It took alot for me and ended up on celexa and klonipin. Just be mindful if you work out alot. and you start feeling bad after you need est. Lol hope you get great results

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register