No Surgery/ Long and Detailed Message - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

No Surgery/ Long and Detailed Message No Surgery/ Long and Detailed Message

Unread 01-19-2002, 07:46 PM
Hi Lydia...I'm nearby....

Hi Lydia....
Glad to hear your posts, but I think that your doctor is the pits. I have had horrible pain, bleeding, bloating, etc (fibroids plus possible endo)... for 2 plus years and have finally found a terrific gyn/surgeon here in Lakeland (30 min. from you in Tampa) who properly diagnosed my condition, tried all possible alternatives and cheered when I finally asked for the TAH. I go in on 1/29. My MD is William Alford at Watson Clinic in Lakeland - highly recommended by several women that I know who have had hysts. I am 35 and reasonably healthy, and veeerrrryy happy with Dr. Alford and his staff throughout my experience. If there is anything that I can do for you, please let me know. I work inClearwater and have many associates in Tampa. My email address is: [email protected]

Take care and my prayers are with you.
Janet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2002, 08:18 PM
No Surgery/ Long and Detailed Message

Hi Lydia!

You might want to point out to the Dr. (or another, more understanding doctor!) that the knee condition is another reason to do the hysterectomy. I'm not a very large woman, but I do have bad knees. Any time we hurt, every muscle in our bodies tenses up. And when you tense the muscles in your thighs and hips, that just puts more stress on your knees. I know mine have been hurting much more than usual since my endo pain has become severe. Tell that doctor if he'll get that nasty stuff out of your belly, you might be able to keep the knees you have a little longer!

My heart really goes out to you. I know it becomes more and more difficult to keep fighting as pain gets worse and you still get no help. There's just not much left to fight with sometimes. Is there someone who can be your co-advocate? Maybe your Mom or a good friend. When you don't have the energy left, that person could ask around and get Dr. recommendations and make calls for you. I read about a woman not long ago who was in terrible pain. She'd been referred to yet another doctor, but the first appt. they could give her was 6 weeks away. She just didn't have the energy to try for anything better. So her Mom started calling the doctor's office every day. Within a week, she was seeing the doctor, and it turned out he was the right one who was finally able to help her.

Hang in there, Lydia. You'll be in my prayers.
Unread 01-20-2002, 01:29 AM
No Surgery/ Long and Detailed Message

Lydia,
My heart truly goes out to you.

Please, please find another Dr. I have read most of your posts and can only imagine how difficult this has been for you. Don't give up until you get the treatment you need.

I am simply dumdfounded that a medical professional would dispense such idiotic advice. He definitely does not have YOUR health and well being as his primary concern as far as your treatment goes.

It must be very hard to have a positive outlook at the moment, but please do not give in to this "jerk"'s ponification that he knows what is best for you.

Please be good to yourself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2002, 05:37 PM
Doctor Do Little

First of all, let me send you lots of big 's.

I know how frustrating doctors can be. I have been through soooooooooooo many of them. I have finally found one that I love. He's the greatest. I would encourage you to do the same. Ask around for referrals from friends and family.

I know that you're upset because you're suffering and disappointed in your doctor and frustrated at not being able to reach the end of this matter. But let me reassure you that if you don't give up and you continue to perserve it will all work out.

And I hope that you don't take your too personally. Granted, I don't like the way he sounds and I would recommend you try a new one. But I don't want you to feel he is making a personal rejection of you. I used to work in the legal field and I can tell you that in a high risk situation such as yours, he has to consider his job and family (if he has one). If things went awry, he could be sued, lose his job, license, etc. So it is something for him to think about if he's going to do a high risk surgery. I just didn't want you to think he's just picking on you or singling you out or not helping you just because.

But stick to your guns girl. Don't give up. Don't let them patronize you or anything else. You tell them straight up here's the gig, what are my options and will you help. If the answer doesn't satisfy you then just yell "NEXT"!! Doctors aren't the only ones who can run an assembly line. Huh?

You hang tough and take care of yourself. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Kim

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register