Complications/bad effects of a hysterectomy - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Complications/bad effects of a hysterectomy Complications/bad effects of a hysterectomy

Unread 01-14-2002, 05:31 PM
complications from hyst

While I had some complications from my TAH/BSO, I AM STILL GLAD I HAD THE SURGERY! I had an incisional infection and had to return to the hospital for IV antibiotic therapy. Even though the complication sidelined me for a while longer, the incision healed and I am fine.
My one suggestion is to get a second opinion about having the hyst. This is what I did and I wound up using the second opinion doctor as my surgeon. He was wonderful and it was easy to put my confidence in him that he would take good care of me.
If you get another opinion, choose a doctor who is not affilitated with your doctor's hospital and also don't choose one in the same medical building. Try to find someone on the other side of town.
I was able to rid myself of the anemia (had to take iron for the few months prior to my hyst), pain associated with my cycles and also no more trips to the drug store for "personal supplies."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2002, 08:59 PM
Complications/bad effects of a hysterectomy

i AM ONLY 2 1/2 WEEKS POST MY TAH/BSO AND HAVE DONE RELATIVELY WELL, i STILL TIRE EASY (BUT THAT HAPPENED WITH 10 DAY PERIODS) MY BACK STILL HURTS (IT DID BEFORE ALSO) buT
MOST INPORTANT - EVERY DAY IS GETTING BETTER AND I AM GETTING STRONGER. I FOUGHT MY SURGERY FOR AS LONG AS I COULD. MY GP TOLD ME I WOULD HAVE TO DO THIS EVENTUALLY WHEN I WAS ABOUT 31. i HAD NEVER HAD A CRAMP N MY LIFE. AFTER MY THIRD C-SECTION I HAD A TUBAL AND THEN STARTED TO FALL APART. MANY DOCTORS SAY THERE IS NO COREALTION BUT MY GP CALLED IT POST-TUBAL SYNDROME. I WAS NOT INTERESTED IN SURG. AT THAT TIME AND CERTAINLY NOT IN OLD LADY HORMOMNES. I CHANGED BACK TO AN OB/GYN SHORTLY AFTER AND WE DID A SONO FOR AN ENLARGED UTERUS BUT THERE WAS NO CAUSE, WE TRIED SOME HORMONE THERAPY (AT THIS TIME HEAVY BLEEDING AND BIG CRAMPS WERE MY MAIN PROBLEM) . AFTER 3 MONTHS, HE RECOMMENDED A VAG. HYSTERECTOMY AND I WAS SUPPOSE TO CALL HIS OFFICE AFTER I LOOKED AT MY SCHEDULE (kIDS WERE 12, 10 AND 8 AT THE TIME AND VERY BUSY). I FINALLY WENT BACK 5 YEARS LATER WHEN I HAD SOME FREE TIME. HE ASKED ME JOKINGLY IF I WORKED HIM IN. AT THAT TIME, THERE WERE NEW HORMONES TO TRY AND I WANTED TO WAIT AND TRY THESE (I WAS STILL A BABY UNDER 40).
i LIKED THIS DR. A LOT BUT THEN HE DROPPED MY INS. SO THE HUNT WAS ON AGAIN. BY NOW I WAS DESPERATE DUE TO A COULD EASILY FLOOD THROUGH A SUPER TAMPON AND PAD IN A HOUR AND I TEACH PRE-K 2 MORNINGS A WEEK) SAW NEW DOCTOR (MY FIRST FEMALE) AND HAD A NEW SONO. THIS TIME A HUGE FIBROID WAS FOUND. I DID MY STUDY BEFORE MY NEXT APPT. REMOVING THE FIBROIDS WAS NOT AN OPTION DUE TO SIZE, NUMBER AND ABILITY TO RECUR. NEW DOCTOR AGREED. ALSO SINCE I WAS ALREADY ON HRT I WAS READY TI PART WITH MY OVARIES TOO. RETURNED HOME FROM CASTLE 3 DAYS AFTER SURGERY WND WENT TO EAT BIRTHDAY CAKE WITH MY NEPHEW ON 01-01. I BEGAN BABYSITTING THE NEXT DAY AND EXCEPT FOR LOT LESS ENERGY. ONLY MAJOR SET-BACK WAS AN INCISIONAL ABSCESS WHICH SET ME BACK ON MORE BEDREST. ALL IN ALL, EXCEPT FOR BEING TIRED AND STILL OCCASIONALLY SORE IF I OVERDO (LIKE SITTING FOR 5 HOURS) I KNOW THIS IS THE BEST OPTION FOR ME AND I WISH I HADN'T WAITED ALTHOUGH I HAD TO KNOW IN MY HEART THE TIME HAD COME, MY ADVICE, SEEK MANY OPINIONS, PRAY AND LISTEN YO YOURSELF. GOOD LUCK
Unread 01-15-2002, 10:01 PM
Complications/bad effects of a hysterectomy

Hi I had a TVH, kept ovaries. I am feeling great and had no complications.

kelly

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register