Hair Washing and no make-up! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hair Washing and no make-up! Hair Washing and no make-up!

Unread 01-15-2002, 07:51 PM
Hair Washing and no make-up!

Here's a trick I learned a long time ago. It may prove helpful in a pinch. If you're unable to wash your hair, sprinkle some baby powder in it. Massage it around a little, then just brush. It helps to absorb some of the oil. It's not wonderful, but it feels and smells better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2002, 02:46 AM

miss kathy,
What a great idea to have in our bag of tricks! That's great for when you are in a pinch and can't wash your hair.............as in the hospital and not feeling up to it. Some doctors did NOT want showers while there. They wanted the bed-side bathing. This would certainly be helpful in that situation. Thanks Miss Kathy!
Unread 01-16-2002, 03:47 AM
no jewelry

Hi Debnva,
I too keep my rings on always. The castle said no jewelry and I complied. Boy was I glad, too. I had swelling in my hands and my rings would have hurt like the dickens were they on my sausagelike fingers. Never would have thought of this as a problem to avoid. Thank goodness they DID.
Wilma
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2002, 05:02 AM
I just thought of this

Before I went to the hospital I went to my local Kmart and found some pre moistened cloths...the ones i bought were about 5-6 dollars. Have 30 clothes in them They smell wonderful .
They are new From Shower to Shower. I bought Breeze Fresh with Vanilla essence. It also has a added bonus. It has powder to leave you skin soft. And you smell like you just walked out of Bath and Body Works. :dance2:

It also comes in handy with the No Rinse Shampoo to clean the kids up. I can't bend over the tub to chase the lil stinkers. And at 2,3,5 years old they just can't do it theirself. Hubby does this task most always but when he is not here and we have Pb &J smeared from our hair to our toes they are a GodSend!!!!
Stock up before your castle appearance!! You will thank me later. When you smell like a pretty lil princess!!

God Bless Everyone I hope everyone has a good day.

Healing Hugs!!

Tarrish
Unread 01-16-2002, 05:24 AM

Hey get this -- I still have the big poofy bangs of the 80's. Not the whole hair deal but the bangs. Well I curled those babies with a curling iron (bangs only are permed anyway) and did a light hairspray and they still looked great the next A.M. after surgery!
Forget the mascara-- they tape your eyes shut I understand. I think I did do the under eye concealer and did a blue eyeliner and some chapstick. I am definantly a chic still stuck in the 80's. If I ever slim down I won't feel as if I need these monster bangs to make my face not so fat.
Unread 01-16-2002, 06:05 AM
How about a perm?

I have very fine hair and wash it daily. I was thinking of getting a perm the day before going to the castle! I figure you can't wash your hair for three days anyway and my co-workers won't see it when it's all tight and new looking......what do you think..any hair stylists out there?

Unread 01-16-2002, 06:47 AM
Hoping for you to have GOOD HAIR DAYS

I could barely get one of my rings of pre-surgery thought I was causing a sprain to my knuckle. When I got to the hosptal I said to nurse, "What would you have done if I couldn't have got my ring off" She said, "Oh we would have just taped it" Then there is the hair thing. When I had my son I liturally brought hot rollers and and was complete with make-up before my first guest arrived. This time (I am 4 weeks post op) I brought some make-up, a hair scrunchie. a velcro roller for my bangs to go slightly under) some peach lotion, chapstick. I was so out of it, I could have cared less about my make-up. I did use the chapstick often, did use the roller to get bangs off my eyes and used peach lotion. Nurse brought warm bath in a bag to wash up. Maybe it was good I didn't have a full face of make-up on because between my blood counts and how awful they said I looked I ended up with blood transfusion. (which made the difference like night and day how much better I began to feel) Oh and they did eventually let me get a shower which I almost passed out in. SO BE CAREFUL.
It is so nice to be on the other side!!! The waiting is AWFUL!!!!
Soon you all will be pamphered princesses. We are polishing your crowns as we speak. We love all of you. sending you a and a prayer Jacqui
Unread 01-17-2002, 04:35 PM
Thanks!

Thanks for all of the replys. I went to my pre-op with the hospital and found out that if you wear make-up, especially mascara, it ends up smeared all over your face and you end up looking worse than if you had no make-up on what-so-ever or just insane.

I am allowed to take a shower the next day, but will try to supply myself with dry shampoo and disposable body wash stuff, just in case I am not up to showering.

Some of these hints are also great for camping, sailing, traveling etc. when either you don't have the time or the resources.

I am just enjoying buying new p.j.s and some niceity's takes my mind off the impending trip to the palace (whether or not they will be used). I hope to pack so I look as if I am going on vacation!!!!
Unread 01-18-2002, 07:11 AM

I had my surgery dec 2001. I wore a full face of makeup and had my toe nails and finger nails done the day before in a pretty deep red. I could have cared less if I had on makeup after the surgery. Was too tired to worry with it. Couldn't take a shower in the hospital due to leg that went numb with the epidural. Had a foley cathedar for 18 days so showering was a chore. Had to get daughter to shave the legs!! I finally quit wearing the jammies at about 3 weeks post op. Thought the family might like to see me in real clothes and makeup!! Don't worry too much about looking your best, just rest and then rest some more.
Unread 01-21-2002, 05:29 AM

bright red nail polish!!! that's what i wear but everbody keeps telling me they'll make me take it off!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register