Hair Washing and no make-up! - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hair Washing and no make-up! Hair Washing and no make-up!

Unread 01-21-2002, 05:42 AM
nail polish

fran

You may check with your hospital. I wore red to my Pre Admission testing and they told me i had to change it before my surgery. The lil moniter that is put on your nail can not read through it. so i wore a pearly white nailpolish and they took it off one finger because it can't read through pearly either. They have no problem with the acrylic nails but just nailpolish at my hosp. My friend said she went to have somethingdone and they made her take her acyrilics off because they wanted to be able to see the nail bed if it started to turn blue. So just check before you go in. It would suck to have nine red nails and one plain..haha.

take care
tarrish
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2002, 06:18 AM
Hair Washing and no make-up!

I got lucky...my castle was extremely busy the day of my surgery & I got "stuck" on the orthopedic floor. Actually, it worked better!!!! I had a huge pretty room with a large window with a nice view of the sunrise in the a.m.'s. And the best part was the bathroom. It was about 3 times the size of the ones on the gyn floor with almost half of that a walk in shower. Nothing to step over. On one side, you could stand up to shower & the other had a bench with a shower massage. The bench worked great with those shaky legs I had. I took a shower the night before my castle visit and then was allowed to take another the day after. I have dry thick hair, so I don't have to wash mine everyday anyway. My mother pampered me & brushed it for me for the first time in many years. Felt so nice to be babied like that! I wore my disposable contacts to the hospital and threw them away just before they gave me the Versed in the holding room and put another pair in when I got back to my room. (They brought me my glasses when I woke up in recovery.) I had taken some pretty silk pajama's and robes to put on after my IV was removed & that helped me feel better.
Unread 01-21-2002, 06:42 AM
Nurse Helga!!!!

Well, just to let you know, I got a bed bath!!!! I was never so humiliated (sp??) in all of my life. She did it the night after my surgery and the next day. After that, I was allowed to go to the bathroom and shower myself. They had like a stall, with a chair and a hose. That worked out great. You may want to see about putting a chair in the shower at home for a little. I just used a lawn chair.

I showered before I went to the hospital and did my hair. I have VERY straight hair, so I used alot of spritz and curled it. That lasted a day or 2. Once I got into the shower I was able to wash my hair (although this task takes forever!!!!!!!!!!) but nobody is rushing you except your body begging you to put it back to bed!!!

I also just used a concealer and a little bit of compressed powder.

Hang in there kiddo.

Tammie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register