Nesting???? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-15-2002, 01:59 PM
Nesting????

OK I never nested like this before in my life...I made 5 pans of enchiladas yesterday and am doing the same with the lasanga today!! LOL ... then I am going to cook chicken in various ways and freeze them..I just dont want my kids to have to eat Burger King since my 20 yr old niece and husband are the ones taking over. Am I outta my head? I have cleaned just about everything twice...I never nested like this before, my bedroom is about the way I want it, down to the pictures on the walls!!!
I feel like I am out of control???
Any one else going nuts?
About a week left before and I need some valium
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2002, 02:11 PM
Nesting????

I hear you my sister,nuts I am. I haven't even got a date yet and I've been cleaning like no bodies business. My frez. is full of all the girls favs. and the bathroom shines like the sun. Oh, and my bedroom is now like a mini apartment.
If the president comes today, I'm ready. Good Luck to you,
and remember be good to you too.

My prayers are with you and yours,
Sherrie
Unread 01-15-2002, 04:08 PM
Nesting????

Hey!

I know what you are going through. I think it's quite common.

I had only 2 weeks notice before my surgery, and I redecorated a room, bought a futon,made a trip to the dump with junk, bought all my Christmas presents, clean, clean.... I never did get around to pre-cooking... those enchiladas sound great!

Try and find some down time so that you are rested. And drink lots of fluids, as it helps to be well hydrated as you go into surgery (nothing after your cut-off time, tho')

Remember that your job as a will be to get well-- banishing dust bunnies and sticky floors isn't part of the job description!!

Take care!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2002, 04:56 PM
Nesting????

It is so normal, I cleaned and cooked like a mad woman. I also shopped and shopped and by the way did I say shop. Be grateful, you could be broke like I was Best wishes.
Unread 01-15-2002, 05:19 PM
Nesting????

It sounds like you are ready! All this keeping busy does have an up side, right?

The last few days are very stressful...all this nesting is a very positive way of controlling whatever you can control. Soon you'll be able to just rest and enjoy the fruits of all this labor.

It'll all be behind you soon, and you may find that "the waiting was the worst part"...it was for me!

Hang in there...if you're in my area, stop by...my house could sure use some of that "white tornado" treatment!!!!

s to you!!!

Karen
Unread 01-15-2002, 06:05 PM
Nesting????

I started the nesting before I got my date, around Thanksgiving! I keep thinking I need to go to the grocery store and buy stuff, even though it's still three weeks away and my freezer is full already. I bought sweat pants 2 months ago to get ready. I just can't make myself get the cleaning done!
Unread 01-15-2002, 06:14 PM
Oh, yeah!

Hey Betty,

I'm nesting, too! I wanted to paint my room, but my back, uterus hanging down, and hubby said it could wait till spring. I'm going to cook some next week and have started getting my room arranged.

I thought I was acting like a freak, glad to know I'm not the only one!

Don't go too crazy tho'! Take care-
Unread 01-15-2002, 07:10 PM
Nesting????

Hello,

Have not been here for awhile, but needed to re-connect with the great woman on this site!

I too, nested. AND posted about it!

I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned before my hyst, and even painted a few rooms, redecorated, and drove my family crazy!!

But, it was what made ME feel better.

So clean, redo, whatever you want, others will will get over it.

My hyst went fine, my house was how I wanted it, my recovery was smooth, and it was the BEST thing I ever did for ME.

Good Luck,

God Bless,

Lori
Unread 01-15-2002, 07:26 PM
Nesting????

I know what you mean. My date is also Jan 23. I made a lot of stuff for the freezer Saturday. I haven't done the cleaning thing, I think mainly because with three teenage boys I know things would be a mess again in no time flat, and that would just upset me. I try not to think about my journey, but in the back of my mind I'm wondering every day if I'll just up and cancel at the last minute. I'm really dreading it. You are all in my prayers.
Unread 01-18-2002, 03:33 PM
Oh Miss. Kathy....

I am not going thru this alone on the 23rd....Im taking you with me LOL, at least thinking that I am not the only one going thru this on that day at the same time (mine is at 6:30 am...why so early?) maybe even, is a somewhat comforting thought and helps keep my feet on the ground...Just think of it this way, I willl be there in thoughts with you, even in foggy thoughts, and that way we wont be scared hehehehe, I feel like I am 8 again?
You dont be scared and I wont either?
I will pray for you and you pray for me Ok?
What time is your appoint. for on the 23rd?
let me know
betty

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register