pre-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-15-2002, 03:25 PM
pre-op

i am grateful i found this site, yesterday. today, we scheduled my surgery for jan. 29. i know i have to have AH. when i meet with dr. tomorrow for pre-op, we will go over all the details. doesn't give me much time to weigh my options. :(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2002, 03:54 PM
pre-op

Hi Bettiee,
Welcome to HysterSisters!! So glad you found us, and you certainly found us in lots of time to do lots of reading and question asking. With surgery on the 29th, that gives you a couple weeks. You will find a great deal of information sharing, support and a whole lots of hugs too!!

Since your pre-op is tomorrow I am copying the link to our list of pre-op questions for you. Its a wonderful list and not everything will apply to you, but it gives a great overview of different questions to ask, as we all know that its hard to think of everything we want to ask when right there with the doctor.

Here is the link to that list for you:
https://www.hystersisters.com/questions.php

You mentioned weighing your options, and we do have a great forum on the site here called

Options and Alternatives , so perhaps you may like to visit that forum as well and read through some of the postings and post a question there if you like if you are still in the decision stage.

As well on the home page Bettiee, where I got the pre-op list for you, you will find pull down menus if you scroll down the page near the bottom. There you will find a lot of good reading. They are broken down by catagory and right now you are a "Lady in Waiting" since you are pre-op.

And one other great place for reading is the Princesses Tell their Stories Forum where many of the ladies have written about their surgery experience.

So...you still have lots of time to ask questions and to read alot about this if after weighing your options you and your Dr. decide this is the best route for you. And we will all be with you every step of the way!

All the best to you Bettiee!!
Hugs
Maria
Unread 01-15-2002, 03:54 PM
pre-op

Welcome bettiee!

Ask the doctor all the questions you can. Write them down ahead of time.

Also valuable for research are the links at the top of this forum. As well as finding out all sorts of info about hysts, there are links to medical glossaries that can help define any terms you are unsure of.

As well, on the main page of this site, there are pull down menus that address specific topics. I know that I found the experiences and opinions of women who had been through it invaluable in the time before my operation. I only had two weeks notice, and only found this site 5 days pre-op! But I'm so glad I did!!

Feel free to post your questions, though for medical advice, consult your doctor.

Best wishes as you ponder.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register