Fear welling up as date approaches | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fear welling up as date approaches Fear welling up as date approaches

Unread 01-15-2002, 10:31 PM
Fear welling up as date approaches

So, I am having the hyst on Feb Five. My diagnosis is complex, cystic adeno----- hyperplasia. It took almost two years for the docs to quit saying I was just experiencing early menopause because I had never had children. When I got a new doc she scheduled an utran biopsy as a precaution and ordered my ultrasound result that I had had earlier. When I went in for the biopsy she said that she really did not expect to find anything based on the ultrasound report she had gotten and gave me the option to forego the biopsy. I went ahead with it. As I was walking out she had me make a follow up for two months. About a week later she called to schedule a consult with regard to my biopsey results. I asked her to get ahold of the actual ultra sound and not just the written report as I wanted her to see if there should have been some obvious warning signs that they blew off. Now, with my waning level of trust, I fear that the pathology will reveal cancer, not just pre-cancer. I read a post here that was exactly what my fear is. And with so much time going by I have addiyional fears. Any help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2002, 07:30 AM

It is perfectly normal for you to be getting scared and thinking the worse! The important thing for you to do is try to relax. Keep eating well and getting your rest. You want to be in great shape for surgery. As for worrying, well I think that we all did that. When you have your surgery, the doctor will look and see just how you look internally. A lot can be determined while you are open and I'm sure that the doctor will do what she feels is best. It is hard waiting for pathology results, but again, the doctor will be able to tell you how things looked internally. Pathology normally takes a week for the results, but others are quicker. Just remember that you are going to have this all taken care of and you will need to rest your mind and body for a smooth recovery. IF, and I said IF, the pathology results do not come back as you would like them to...then you will take one day at a time and know that we are all here to help you in any way that we can. Just remember, one day at a time!
Unread 01-17-2002, 08:38 AM

Sending you lots of hugs

It is so normal to fear the worst and it is a frightening thing to face but remember we have been there and here we are We are with you all the way

I hope all goes well for you and anytime you need some support come here much love always xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2002, 04:54 PM

FIRST OF ALL, BIG BIG S

SECOND, SCARED? NO ONE COULD BE A BIGGER SCARDY CAT

THAN I. THIS IS VERY NORMAL, OF COURSE YOUR SCARED.

I USED TO COME TO THIS SITE AND CRY ALL THE TIME. I WAS

TERRIFIED, BUT, YOU KNOW SOMETHING?

NOW I DON'T KNOW WHY I WAS SOOO TERRIBLY AFRAID.

YOU ARE JUST A NORMAL PERSON WITH NORMAL FEARS.

I WANT TO OFFER MY PRAYERS AND HUGS. YOU'LL BE JUST FINE.

AS ROBYN SAID ( WE HAVE ALL BEEN THERE ) NOW CALM DOWN.

THEY ARE NOT RUSHING YOU AS I WOULD THINK THIS IS A GOOD THING. THEY ARE NOT TOO CONCERNED. SO CHIN UP.
Unread 01-17-2002, 05:54 PM

Hi Krinannie

Ditto what the other great ladies have said!!
Just wanted to send you some big hugs too!!
We all sure know the fear associated with the unknown, and remember we are all here for you!! Sending good thoughts and prayers that your path reports all come back clear!! I have added you to our calendar on this forum so we will be posting extra well wishes and prayers for ya before your surgery!
A few more big Hugs for ya Krinannie!!
Hang in there, the 5th will be here before you know it!
Maria
Unread 01-18-2002, 08:23 PM

{{Krinannie}}

I wanted to add my 's to you also. I do know its so hard to remain calm and the "what ifs" can at times get the best of you.

It sounds like the Dr you are now seeing is taking very good care of you and trying to get the best information they can prior to your surgery.

I wish you the best on your upcoming surgery and hope it will be swift and uneventful. Please know we will all be here for you and will help in any way we can.

Please keep us posted.

{{hugs}}

Vicki

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register