Does our bodies still feel the periods coming on when it can not happen at all? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Does our bodies still feel the periods coming on when it can not happen at all? Does our bodies still feel the periods coming on when it can not happen at all?

Unread 01-16-2002, 03:21 AM
Does our bodies still feel the periods coming on when it can not happen at all?

I am now over 2 months post op and last month my face broke out just like it was almost that time. Does our bodies ever realize that it can't happen? I also get migrains like that, but I know that it is hormones and ultra voilet lite. Just curious.

:ribbon2:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2002, 04:11 AM

Did you keep one or both ovaries? If yes, then they are putting out hormones on schedule and trying to prepare for a period. If you didn't keep your ovaries then it's either leftover hormones or the hrt fooling your body into thinking things are still the same.
Unread 01-16-2002, 05:21 AM

I was wondering about that too, I remember the first few months with each of my pregnancy's I felt so sure I was getting my period "on schedule" I'd actually have to check!
Thanks for clearing that up. My told me I can possibly expect monthly spotting or nothing at all, but I've kept both ovaries and the cervix.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2002, 06:16 AM
yep

I haven't kept really close attention to when I should get my period, but I have noticed that I feel bloated and get a little moody at times (surgery was in October). My DR told me that if I kept my ovaries (still have one!) that it could be the same as having a regular cycle, just no bleeding. You might want to ask your doctor, but this makes sense to me. Take care.

Laura
Unread 01-16-2002, 06:34 AM

I still have both my ovaries, and get PMS, mood swings, monthly zits, and even pain in my right ovary, so obviously I am still ovulating. But the big plus is that I'm no longer gushing, clotting etc. So I guess I can deal with the rest!!
Unread 01-17-2002, 03:25 AM

This is me, I have only l item left and the rest is GONE. I know this for a fact. I truely hope that the hormones are kicking in and soon all the hot flashes and cold spells will stop. Thanks for the replys.

:ribbon2:

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register