3 Days Post Op Robotic Assisted Laproscopic Total Hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 Days Post Op Robotic Assisted Laproscopic Total Hysterectomy 3 Days Post Op Robotic Assisted Laproscopic Total Hysterectomy

Unread 06-03-2012, 02:33 PM
3 Days Post Op Robotic Assisted Laproscopic Total Hysterectomy

Today is exactly three days since I had my hysterectomy and I am tired, a little sore, slight headache and some not much pain. I have been walking to and from the bath room but basically laying in the bed. The only true pain that I have is gas pain, anyway I was just wondering can any one tell me when I should be able to get back to normal. I feel worthless just laying around and so far everything seems like it is better then well with me -- any answers is welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2012, 04:02 PM
Re: 3 Days Post Op Robotic Assisted Laproscopic Total Hysterectomy

I would encourage you to move around and walk as much as your body will let you. My signal for going horizontal was when I felt heaviness in the bottom of my tummy. The big thing is not to lift anything. Make sure you follow your doctor's instructions. Happy healing!
Unread 06-03-2012, 05:08 PM

We are the same surgery date! I feel pain when I overdo things - which takes almost nothing. I am fi ding this site very comforting!

Fluids
Walk
Sleep
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2012, 06:03 PM

That was pretty much me when I was at your stage but I also would take a 5 minute walk around the house. Your body will definitely tell you and don't be in a rush to be "normal". I found that my taking it easy was the best thing I could have done for myself post op instead of trying to rush to get back to life and work. All those things will be there for you when you recover but nothing beats having minimal to no aches and pains down the road cause you messed up early along trying to rush things. Good luck to you.
Unread 06-03-2012, 06:20 PM

My doctor told me not to go to bed when I got home from DVH, to dress in comfy clothing, walk a LOT, to stand staight and tall; not to stoop over. He said the pain would go away faster and I would begin to heal properly by being up and about. You might try that, but you and your body know best.

I'm so happy to hear that you can get up and walk around and I am happy your surgery is over!!!

Take care tk!! You have been in my prayers and still are!!

Hugs,
Over the Moon
Unread 06-03-2012, 06:36 PM

Don't overdo it though, and just do as much as you can comfortably. You will be 'laying around' for awhile, meaning resting (much of sitting) for the next couple of WEEKS, compared to normal. You don't want to pull anything and have to rest for 12 weeks, so hang in there. Walk, rest, walk, rest, and eventually you won't have to worry about the 'walks' wearing you out, but you still need your rest. Your body will let you know.
Unread 06-03-2012, 07:08 PM

It is pretty funny to think of walking around the house as exercise!! Ha
Unread 06-03-2012, 07:57 PM

I nay have over did it was very achy and tried not to take my pain meds but had too afterward feel better I called the hospital and was told pain is normal even though I really haven't had any I was told to expect it ans take my meds u guess i will feel ok some times and feel bad others for a while
Unread 06-03-2012, 08:00 PM

What's funny is a friend said when she went through it she never took her pain meds cus she was her old self instantly from my experience today that won't be me :'(

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register