Totally new to this...need advice and support | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Totally new to this...need advice and support Totally new to this...need advice and support

Unread 01-16-2002, 12:36 PM
Totally new to this...need advice and support

Hi everyone...my name is Betty I am from Kansas City Mo, last April I found out I had CINIII when they did my 1stpap for my prenatal visits. I have had 3 colps with biopsies, all of which have come back CINIII the latest, in December CINIII Carc in Situ. I am scheduled for a TVH on 2/12. I really want this to just go away, all i want is to raise my 4 kids and live a long time.

Has anyone else been in this situation? If there is anything you can offer I would appreciate it.

Betty

Please email if you like, [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2002, 03:41 PM

Hi Betty and Welcome

I am so sorry to hear of your diagnosis. But I am so happy that you found us. You are at the best place (website) you can be at this time in your life.

I do not know much about your diagnosis, but I assure you that there are quite a few ladies who do and they will be along shortly. Mine was of a different flavor (endometrial cancer).

I am sending you lots of , and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted on your progress, and welcome again!

Valentina
Unread 01-16-2002, 06:50 PM

Hi, Betty!

Welcome! Sorry to hear of your predicament, but at least it was found before it became invasive cancer. I had a TAH almost one year ago when the youngest of my 6 children was not quite 3. It's a stressful time. The good news is that once your surgery is completed, you will most likely never have another problem. You will need to have follow-up PAPs because they need to watch for it spreading to the vaginal wall, but that is very, very rare.

My best advice is to eat well and sleep to get ready for your surgery. Go to the pre-op forum, and some of the pull-down menus have great pre-op information. Buy the hystersisters book--it's great reading and is oh, so comforting. And come by and see us. Lots of us on this forum have had CIN/CIS, and we're more than happy to be here for you as you are going through this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2002, 05:05 AM

Welcome and so glad that you found us!!
I know that this is all hard to begin with, but then having little ones to care for makes it even more difficult. In my opinion, you need to focus your attention on getting over this surgery and on to your recovery. Don't ponder on the "what ifs" that may or may not arise after surgery. Visit the pre op board here and get yourself ready with the material things you will need as well as the physical help in taking care of you and your family. On your next visit to the doctor, be sure to speak to him/her and ask questions. I'm sure that your mind would rest easier after things are explained in more detail. Keep healthy by eating good meals and getting your rest. You need to have a strong body for a healthy recovery.
It's very normal to be frightened about all of this, but you have to take one day at a time. Don't ruin today by worrying about tomorrow.
Unread 01-17-2002, 08:30 AM

Hi Betty , So glad that you found us, you are amongst girls who know how you are feeling.

When first diagnosed with CIN3 I was so upset and scared. It is a perfectly normal way to feel. Please try to remember that this is so treatable and if you read my story remember that what happened to me is very uncommon.

The other girls have given you great advice. Try to eat well and drink lots of water in the weeks til your surgery and after , follow Drs orders.

I hope all goes well for you and please...........whenever you are feeling alone come here and we will walk with you x x
Unread 01-17-2002, 12:17 PM

Betty -

Just wanted to offer another voice of support.

I know the fear and the anxiety well. I was diagnosed with CIN III, microinvasive squamous carcinoma last month, and will have a cone biopsy tomorrow. I've never been put under and have never even had an IV...fear and anxiety are my constant companions lately. My bad pap came through when I had a preconception visit, we had just decided to start a family.

Be happy that you have your family - I'm sure they keep you busy and that helps keep your mind from dwelling on this. This is a wonderful place for support.

~Gina
Unread 01-17-2002, 09:25 PM

Hi Betty!

I wanted to welcome you to Hystersisters also! You've found a wonderful site full of loving and caring ladies.

I haven't had the problems with pap results but do understand the fear and anxiety part of it. It does get a little easier as time goes on after the initial surgery, recovery period is over and as the Dr's visits are further and further apart. That little voice of fear normally rears its nasty little head each time but each hurdle jumped does seem to be a little lower.

Hang it there and please know that we'll all be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers for great results from your surgery.

{{hugs}}

Vicki
Unread 01-18-2002, 01:13 PM
Hang in there!

Hi Betty!

I am going to e mail you. I had my hyster. on 12-17 for similar reasons.
It is a relief to be on the other side of it. Let yourself have all the wierd and scary emotions and feelings you are having. Good to help process it. Read as much as you can here- it will empower you and help calm your fears.
We are all here to help ya!

hugs to you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register