New-Need to make decision | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New-Need to make decision New-Need to make decision

Unread 01-17-2002, 11:45 AM
New-Need to make decision

Hi, I am new here, just found your web site a few days ago and have been reading through a lot of information. This site is very helpful to women who need to talk through some of this stuff. I am 36 years old, I have had heavy bleeding/clotting for the past 3 years. I had a thermal uterine ablation on 9/27/2001 which has failed. I have had four periods since then (just waiting for my 5th to start) that are just like before I have the uterine ablation. My doctor feels that the reason the uterine ablation failed is because my uterus is retroverted and retroflexed and that the balloon couldn't reach all they back in the area that is retroflexed backwards, so that is why I am still having my wonderful heavy periods. I have tried pills to help my bleeding but they just make my PMS even worse to the point of psychotic and makes my bleeding last for 14 days instead of the usual 8 to 10.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had failed ablations and if they also have a retroverted or retroflexed uterus.

My doctor of course says now my option is a vaginal hysterectomy. I have read great things about having a hysterectomy done and I have read bad things about having one done. I am just in indecision right now. I think I want to have it done so I can be rid of my bleeding and clotting. That way my periods don't control my life, that I can acutally go out and coach my son's soccer team and not worry about whether I am going to have to run to the bathroom because I am flooding through everything I have on.

Thanks for letting me vent!! It helps!!

Natalie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2002, 12:00 PM
New-Need to make decision

Hi Natalie! This is a very hard decision to make. As with all surgeries you will hear good and bad things about hysterectomies. It all comes down to weighing all of your alternatives and options and getting a second opinion on any major surgery is a good idea. Here are the Helpful Links. These may help you in making your decision:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...threadid=29372

It's a bummer to bleed all the time...I totally understand what you are going through. I had the same thing toward the end to the point of becoming anemic. I had a total vaginal hysterectomy...kept my healthy ovaries...as for me, I don't regret it. Alot of it depends on where you are in life. When your periods begin to change your quality of life and you can't do the things you want to do it makes the decision a little easier. Searching this site and continuing to post will help you make the best decision for YOU.

My very best wishes to you, Natalie and I will keep you in my ers. s

SHerry

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register