Dreading Surgery - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dreading Surgery Dreading Surgery

Unread 01-18-2002, 02:33 PM
Dreading Surgery

Thank you all for making me feel that I am not losing my mind. My surgery is 1/22. The wait has been since Oct. All the time I would have periods where I was crying non-stop and other days, just fine. Now it is so close. Anything seems to bring my crying jags and I am not consolable. My husband hugs and holds me, but that doesn't even help. Then there are times where I just want to BE LEFT ALONE!!! This is not me. I don't act like I have been behaving. In my office Monday, two men walked in when I was super busy trying to train a temp for our business. I harshly said, "Who are you and what do you want." That certainly was not Pincess Sarah Ann, who is living in the Land of Hyster. I sit here now, with my crown proudly on my head. I could not believe what came out of my mouth. Dennis and I laughed about it later that day. Iwant someone to tell me everything will be just fine. Nothing to worry about. No one can do that, so I will continue to prepare the office, the house, all my pets for when I am at the Castle. By keeping busy, it distracts me. I feel so drained, both emotionally and physically. Thanks for listening and for all your posts.

Love and Support to All :eagle:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2002, 09:41 PM
Jitters

Dear LIW:
I too am jittery about my surgery 1/29--not so much about going under the anesthesia but the recovery. I absolutly do not like to vomit and I'm not sure if I'm very good with pain. I told my concerns to the anesthesiologist--he was wonderful. Told me he would have anti-emetic meds on board as I came up from the general anesthesia. Of course there is no 100% quarentee but he said he would try his best to make my recovery gentle and vomit free. There are those who care about us! I do wish I was on the recovery road--waiting is causing my brain to fry. Well my best to all LIW see you at the castle on 1/29--oh, this is also my birthday. Told my DH that 2 presents are a must no combo going to the hospital get well and happy b-day gift.
Prayer to All
Peggy
Unread 01-18-2002, 10:04 PM
The waiting IS the worst part

Ladies, what you are feeling is exactly what I felt Jan. 11,2002 last Friday days before and whole time I was in pre op. I thought I would die of the wait! I decided to get control over my emotions by deep breathing and saying prayers in my mind for God's strength to make it through one more moment. Once I gained this conrol I realized my DR had sucessfully completed this proceedure thousands of times and so many women live to share their experiences with others.

The princesses were correct the surgery is not that bad. I also remember the pain I experienced when I gave vaginal birth to my 2 daughters without drugs --only Lamaze! What a stupid thing that was. My bikini cut pain is not that bad. I have been taking Motrin since the pump came out on day 2. The gas pains were the worst part thus far. My were bad for 3 days post op, but Gas X really helped on day 2 and of course the BM's helped a lot. Remember to read all the post daily before surgery--it really helps and ask for prayers--We princesses do care! Soon you will be pain free and no more bleeding, keep thinking of the positive of this surgery. My prayers are with you all, because I know "The Wait is Horrible."

HUGS!!!!
Cindi007
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2002, 10:08 PM
Re: Dreading Surgery

Quote:
Originally posted by SAWP
I'm scheduled for a TAH on 01/29 and I feel like I'm going bonkers here with dread / anticipation. I know this is what I need to have done, but I'm still dreading it.

Has anyone else out there felt this way?
Hi Sawp,

I had my TVH on the 9th Jan and was extremely upset and dreaded the surgery. I was so anxious for a couple of weeks and on the morning of the surgery I cried right up until they put me under. When I woke up I can't believe how different I felt. I was not at all upset and was relieved it was over. I had no pain for the first 24hr ( I had an epidural in) the next 24hrs were a bit rough, it has now been 10days and I feel fine, I want to do everything, but no one will let me! What you are feeling is completley normal.

Good luck

Lisa66

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register