Time to be creative...I wanna write a note to the dr. on my tummy... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Time to be creative...I wanna write a note to the dr. on my tummy... Time to be creative...I wanna write a note to the dr. on my tummy...

Unread 01-18-2002, 01:20 PM
Time to be creative...I wanna write a note to the dr. on my tummy...

Something funny to make him giggle...maybe in my son's washable crayola markers. Any suggestions....maybe something like...remember, count your clamps and check your watch before closing.

Any suggestions? I like this guy, and wanna make him giggle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2002, 03:54 PM
That is So FUNNY!!!

Will they have to scrub you tho, or will the betadine take care of the job? I am looking forward to reading more on this thread!!!
My Ob has a great sense of humur also!
betty
Unread 01-18-2002, 05:58 PM
Don't know what to say but,

I had to go to my DR for a small check up for a job. I was wearing the V dot patch and always put a bandaid over it to hold it in the shower and so that morning I went to get a bandaid and all I had was kids tatoo ones. the only one left that was big enough to cover the whole patch was a green frog with bug eyes. When I went in to the Dr office I found I could get my check up and so went into the exam room. My DR came in and was checking my reflexes etc. and he pulled up my blouse to check on my tummy and all at once he started laughing and I was puzzled because I didn't remember the bandaid. When he could talk after laughing so much. he asked where I had been to get that. Then it hit me the green frog. So I can't tell you what to say but now each time I go back to my DR he asks how the ponds are doing. God Bless :tongue2:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2002, 07:03 PM

When I was packing and getting ready for my TAH/BSO that was scheduled for December 15, I glanced at the labels on my desk and found some Christmas gift labels. I thought, "Hmmmmm.....

....now this OPEN ME FIRST label might get me into the operating room earlier if I stick it to my tummy......and I definitely need the FRAGILE and HANDLE WITH CARE labels........don't want the DO NOT OPEN TILL DECEMBER 25TH label, unh-unh, no way do I want to postpone this!"

Well, I ended up not doing it 'cause I know the docs and nurses are very concerned about germs and all that - - - and so am I - - -
so I didn't do it, but it sure made me laugh! I needed a good laugh the day before surgery!

Sometimes I crack me up.....
Unread 01-18-2002, 07:50 PM

Hello sisters,
I had my surgery on 12/7. I stuck a post it note on my stomach that read," handle with care. Future property of George Clooney."
When I got into the Or room I told the doctor that I had a note for him down my shirt. Since my arms were pinned down I told him to go for it. He retrieved it in a gentlemanly fashion and then read it to the Or staff. The last ting I remember before going for the big doze was the roar of laughter. My doctor leaned into me and said I'm going to handle you with extra care.
When my doctor came to see me on his rounds he informed me that he did my stitching extra beautifully, because hey, you never know who you might meet.
When he called me to schudeue my post op he informed me he had seen my future husband the night before........he saw Oceans Eleven. When I had gone to his office he greets me with, hey its Clooney's woman.
I think the note heped to make me more of a real person since now we had something to banter around with. I suggest a post it note. If you use ink etc they will have to scrub it etc. And no you may not use George's name he is spoken for lol. I hear Alec Baldwin is availabe.
Unread 01-19-2002, 02:30 AM

I wanted pictures of my specimen, and my doctor said to be sure to remind her right before surgery. I wanted to put a note on my tummy, but I chickened out. Instead, when I was in the operating room just about to be put under, I told my doctor that I had wanted to put a note on my tummy to remind her about the pictures. I got her to laugh without having to worry about the logistics of placing a note down there.
Unread 01-19-2002, 06:11 AM
Something funny on the tummy

When I was pregnant with my son, I though my stomach looked just like a naval orange, so I took a purple washable marker and wrote "Sunkist" on my belly. Only nobody laughed! Of course, this was in an HMO and no one I saw that day had ever seen me before. Thanks for the new ideas, sisters.
Unread 01-19-2002, 08:00 AM

I drew a smiling face on my abdomen with an ink pen the morning of my surgery. Its been mentioned to me several time by the OR nurse.

Maybe a few arrows with the words "Cut here" or "if I hear you say whoops you're in big trouble"
Unread 01-22-2002, 05:43 PM

I got this from my mail room:

FRAGILE
Handle with care

or I was thinking:

Careful opening...contents may have shifted during flight!!!!!!
Unread 01-23-2002, 06:34 AM
I wrote on my tummy

Hi ladies,

I wanted to keep my cervix, and my doctor said to remind him on the morning of the surgery....so I took a permanent marker and wrote on my belly:
Remember: Do NOT remove cervix (and drew a smilie face)

It was above my belly button. Everyone in the OR suite thought it was hysterical (I was awake for my surgery with a spinal). It got mostly removed by the prep in the OR, but it was worth the giggles!

Laughter is the best medicine (and he didn't forget to leave my cervix in!)

s
Karyn

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register