I'm in so much pain today! Update: spotting today, too! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm in so much pain today! Update: spotting today, too! I'm in so much pain today! Update: spotting today, too!

Unread 07-02-2012, 07:40 PM
I'm in so much pain today! Update: spotting today, too!

Hi everyone,
I have had an awful day today! I didn't sleep well at all last night from the pain I am in. My left side is hurting me so bad and now it's really going into my groin area. I think my bowels fell again, and I feel like I have another hernia in my groin area. I took something for pain, but it's not relieving my pain at all. I'm going to go lay down with a heating pad now. I hope to be able to sleep tonight. This is just terrible!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-02-2012, 08:13 PM
Re: I'm in so much pain today!!

I am sorry you are feeling so bad. Sending prayers and hugs.
Unread 07-03-2012, 01:17 AM

I'm sorry you're feeling so bad and in such pain. My pain is also pelvic, groin and side. I use ice packs while lying down, along with pain meds, when it gets real bad. I find heat doesn't help my pain at all. I also place ice packs on my lower back (butt), and have found limited relief with that treatment. I hope you find a treatment that works for you and lets you rest. Best wishes for your recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-03-2012, 08:33 AM

Ladies,
Thanks for your replies. I was up and down last night. I am still not feeling well today, but I need to go into town. I've been putting it off one because I am not feeling well, and two because I was waiting for the flood waters to recede more. The small town we moved to about three months ago Live Oak, Fl. really had a lot of flooding due to TS Debby. This caused sink holes in our cute little town too. I hope we don't lose many of our historic buildings. I will try ice rather than heat on my side and back later today. When I had my last surgery my surgeon said instead of my bowels just falling....the bag that holds my bowels tore all along the bottom of the bag, and my bowels was laying on an old hernia repair. My bladder fell too. UGH! So, I don't even know what's happening in there right now. ???
Unread 07-03-2012, 02:26 PM

If my luck couldn't get any worse our American Bull dog ran away!! I am so upset she is not just our dog, but one of the family to us. I've been out driving and looking. My Dad went out searching for her as well. My parents live just around the corner, so I was hoping that she ran to their house. No such luck though. I am so sad and now we are under a severe thunderstorm warning, and she lost. Please say a prayer that she stays safe and comes back home really soon.
Unread 07-23-2012, 12:44 PM
pain and spotting today???

Hi ladies,
Yesterday I went to the mall and was on my feet a good part of the day. I would sit and rest on a bench, and took a nice rest when we ate lunch. By the time we got home I was in pain and tired. Took a hot bath and laid down to watch a movie in bed. I didn't sleep well due to the pain. Today I'm having a good amount of pain and I just noticed that I'm having spotting too. I'm not gushing blood just spotting. My last surgery the surgeon worked on my bowels and bladder. Now my bowels are so sensitive. I have a lot of pain with regular bm's. My left side is always sensitive. I don't have health insurance right now. We moved about 4 months ago, and dh's new job doesn't offer insurance. UGH!

He is actively looking for something with benefits. If I go to ER I'm afraid they will just give me pain meds and send me home. Any thoughts????? Thanks ladies!
Unread 07-24-2012, 06:39 AM
Re: I'm in so much pain today! Update: spotting today, too!

I hope you are feeling better today! If you go to the ER, they will probably do a CT scan to see if anything is going on. If its not something that needs emergency surgery to fix, they will probably tell you to follow up with your doctor. But at least you could get some pain relief.

I hope you found your dog.
Unread 07-24-2012, 07:43 AM

I know you can't afford a doctor but is there a women's clinic you can go to that is more affordable? Some clinics a NP's you can see for lower cost. Are you using HRT? Have you tried vaginal estrogen cream?
Unread 07-24-2012, 07:54 AM

Thanks ladies for the replies. I'm still not feeling well today. I'm spotting off and on. Yes, my dog came home the morning after I posted that. Which was the fourth of July. I was so relieved to have her back home. I am on HRT. Premarin .625. I am going to try and find a dr. that I can see. I've had chronic pain for years, but now with the spotting it's made me really nervous. I'm just wondering if this will ever end. It's been so long and I've had sooooo many surgeries and test done. UGH!!!!
Unread 07-24-2012, 08:03 AM

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register