Somebody get me a padded cell.... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Somebody get me a padded cell.... Somebody get me a padded cell....

Unread 01-20-2002, 05:08 PM
Somebody get me a padded cell....

Raven,

Just a few more days to go - YOU CAN DO IT! I know from Chat how anxious and panicky you are. There is probably nothing I can say to take that away. Just know that lots of us here have you in our thoughts and prayers and will be looking forward to seeing you on the Post Op side!

Best wishes for a successful surgery and a smooth recovery!

Hugs,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2002, 05:52 PM

I am going in 22 also, and am scared but got a blowout period yesterday and
am ready to be done with htese. Keeping busy has helped me, doing stuff like cleaning out the linen closet or laundry. We will be fine! I will be thinking about you!
Jo Lawson
Unread 01-20-2002, 06:59 PM

Michelle!

Even if you can't see it for yourself, I have been able to tell in chat since that first night I met you weeks ago that you have really come a long way. Trust us, you are going through the toughest part right now.

I will miss you while you're in the castle & if we didn't live so far apart, I'd be there holding your hand through it all.

I will keep you in my thoughts and and can't wait to hear from you as soon as you feel up to coming back to the computer after you become a

We all love you! You will be fine!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2002, 07:18 PM

{{{{{Michelle}}}}}}

Would it help if I told you that it is OKAY to feel nervous? That it's major surgery and has made every one of us nervous, too?

There may be something to the idea of asking your DR for something to calm your nerves just now.... why not give the DR a call and ask?

We will be with you in spirit, the whole way, sweetie. And stick with us in chat, too - that always seems to help you a little bit anyway! You're even helpful and supportive to the other Ladies In Waiting in there!

Just really wanted to send you more big HUGS, and my support. Know that you are in our prayers, we are thinking about you, we care about you.

s,
Unread 01-20-2002, 09:21 PM

You ladies are so good to me. I truely appreciate all your support and friendship. Don't get me wrong, I am still a total basket case but at least I know I have friends that put up with my psycho babble and take the time to help talk me down off the cliff I'm usually perched on.
thanks again ladies
Michelle
Unread 01-21-2002, 02:31 AM
MICHELLE

You can do it girl! I cannot wait to hear about your surgery. We can exchange Castle stories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck.
I know how you feel as I am having my thyroid surgery in less than 3 hours.

take care

Katie

Unread 01-21-2002, 02:35 AM
Go girl - almost there

Hi Michelle

Well, here you are one day pre op. From talking to you in chat, I know how difficult it has been for you to even get this far. Michelle you have done really well.

I wish you nothing but best wishes and good luck for your surgery.

If I don't catch you in chat before you go, I will catch you in chat on the other side when you are a princess.

You take care.

Regards and all the best wishes
Unread 01-21-2002, 03:57 AM
Relax

This is all I have to say take a deep breath and RELAX!!! Soon you will be on the other side at what a breeze this all was!!! Thanks for all the puter tips and see you soon as a new
Unread 01-21-2002, 05:42 AM

I know exactly how you feel since I'm scheduled for the castle on the 24th. The crying started on Saturday. Yesterday I went for a massage which has helped a bit. But today I am calling the doctor for something to take the edge off. I have been working 12 hour days to keep my mind off of it, but this past weekend has given me time to think. I was able to clean away the piles in my house that have been sitting there for quite awhile but thinking is driving me crazy. You are not alone. Good luck tomorrow.

shegot
Unread 01-21-2002, 05:58 AM

Michelle......MY Twin!!!!!

I'm getting a little nervous myself right now(ok i lied, a lot nervous). last night woke up bout every hour and tonight i know it will be worse, i'm afraid i'll sleep through the alarm clock then get to the hospital late and they won't do surgery. the shakes are here today big time and i am having a really hard time making my brain focus on anything today. i think i'll just clean my house till it shines and try not to let the small things get to me but i really need to sit down and have a good cry. we have talked in chat if you didn't know. how bout this....i'll hold your hand before,during and after surgery and you hold mine? we will get through this!!!! do you have your bags packed? i haven't done that yet. good luck to you and maybe i'll talk to you in chat tonight if dd lets me use computor!!!

best wishes,
eileen aka. batwings

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register