Somebody get me a padded cell.... - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Somebody get me a padded cell.... Somebody get me a padded cell....

Unread 01-21-2002, 06:32 AM
Somebody get me a padded cell....

Hi Raven

I totally understand how you feel! My surgery isn't scheduled until Feb.4 and I have my moments of crying, being irritable, clammy hands, and feeling sick. My doctor told me if I needed something to keep me calm to call. There's nothing wrong with that. I'm sure I will have to before my surgery. Last year I had two knee surgeries and was nervous before them, but not like this. This is a major event in your life. Soon it will be over and you will be on the other side. I know that you be a good . I will be *praying* for you. Come back to the chat room when you feel up to it. You and the rest of the ladies in chat have been a source of strength and support for me.

Joan ...aka Chevy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2002, 08:09 AM
My friend, RavenManiac

There was a good sister named Raven,
The chat room was her favorite haven,
the others were there
to comfort her scare
her mind we were tryin for savin!

Rave,
I am sorry you are having a tough time of it. I am tossing up prayers for you and will be thinking about you mucho! There is nothing I can tell you to do and the far more experienced sister seem to have jumped in to help. I am in waiting and have no answers. But it is so nice that so many people who don't know us from Adam (or eve) will take time from their days to lend hope, compassion, and prayers.

This one is for you!
Unread 01-21-2002, 10:54 AM

Thank You for all your support. I'm really hoping I can make it through this without a suicide or a murder... j/k, sorta... Geeze, I can't take this anymore. I really think I'm officially certifiable right now.
Thanks again ladies for all your help.
Michelle :explode:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2002, 04:14 PM

Raven,

My throne time was exactly one week ago today. It felt better immediately after rather than having the swelly belly, yukkkky stuff that was before it! I was certifiable the day before too. Ask them if you can have an anti-anxiety med as soon as you hit the door in the waiting area! Hang in there. You've made it this far. Just remember there's a whole bunch of us back here pulling for you!
Unread 01-22-2002, 11:37 AM

Raven,
By the time you read this hopefully it will be all over. My thoughts were with you today. I am looking forward to chatting with you when you feel up to it.
Unread 01-22-2002, 12:11 PM
Hugs Raven!!!

It's Tuesday Raven!!

I hope you are a now and I that all went well. I am still waiting and I look forward to hear how it went and that your on the road to recovery. :

Take care Raven and be a good we'll miss you in the chat room but now you need to

Hugs!!! I'm happy for you.
Unread 01-22-2002, 12:15 PM
I know exactly what you are feeling

Dear Raven, I was also in a complete major panic before my surgery. PLEASE believe us that the waiting IS the hardest part. YOU WILL BE FINE! If you honestly dont think you can handle the panic do call your doctor and tell him how you are feeling. I havent visited with you in the chat rooms but do you know exactly what you are terrified of? They have wonderful pain and nausea meds. I had a TAH/BSO, vertical incision, tumor debulking, removal of lymph nodes, ect... And I am the queen of panic attacks. And i got though it all just fine. I am now about 7 weeks post op. I had my 6 week post op party last weekend. DD and i got a motel with a hot tub, swimming pool, sauna and i got to enjoy them all. I got to enjoy DD too! Yippee, everything works and not being the shy type, i must say it my big O was better than before. I got to hold my 6 month old grandson, what a treat! Before you know it this will all be behind you and you will be so proud of yourself. I will be saying prayers for inner peace for you. A great big Hug for you, from Robin in Nebraska
Unread 01-22-2002, 12:15 PM

We all hope that you are a and are relaxing and resting up. Hope to see you on the boards and in chat soon Michelle..but not too soon.

Please take care hun and know that we are all thinking of you

s
Unread 01-26-2002, 02:17 PM
An update. I don't need the paddd cell after all

This is just a note to all who helped me through the scariest thing I have ever been through and to also bump this one back up to the top so that any new pre's might read my story and have a little hope that things do work out fine.
I am now 4 days post. I basically feel ok. I'm tired and sore but not on any prescription pain killers. Doc sent me home on advil alone. It's in my best interest. Once an addict...always an addict.
It did take 2 really big men to man handle me into the hospital. I was sooooo very freaked out. They got me in there and they finally strapped me down and knocked me out. Then I woke up in recovery. I was only there a few minutes when I was awake enough to goto my room. I was able to get out of bed on my own within a coupe of hours.
The only problem that I had kept me there for two days and it was totally unrelated to the hyst. It was a blood pressure problem due to alcohol withdrawls.... it went up to 205/120...so.
To anyone that is freaked out. Don't worry so much. it's not too bad.
To everyone that held my hand through my ordeal. THANK YOU!
Love you ladies bunches!
Michelle
Unread 01-26-2002, 04:22 PM

Hugs to you Raven.

Like you my nerves were shot my date was Jan 21. And today I finally got home from the castle. There were a few minor complications nothing serious, opposite of you my blood pressure bottomed out so had to stay a few extra days, can't send you home all woozy. Basically like you the pre op time was the worse the constant what if game. But I was surprised at how good I felt after the whole thing was over. They removed a 21 inch and two grapefruit sized (benign) tumors and of course the Uterus and overies. Today after arriving home felt up to going up town shopping for a bit, and can even bend over and put on my own socks. Raven my dear I am so glad that you are doing okay I did think about you while I was in the castle. I am glad to hear that you are doing well.

K8

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register