advice needed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

advice needed advice needed

Unread 01-20-2002, 12:41 PM
advice needed

hi some one repliled to my post op thread and recommened this part of the site, i had my full hys on nov 22 01, having been told i had cer & ov cancer then they found a cancerous cyst in my back, to be honest i'm really down and scared of how i'm feeling as i'mnormally outgoing always smiling and now i'm numb and can't see to get the old me back pleasehelp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2002, 01:22 PM
advice needed

OH.CEL,

I'M SORRY YOU FEEL SO BAD. YOU SAID THAT YOU HAD A HYST. FOR YOUR CANCER? IS THAT CORRECT?
WAS THE CYST ON YOUR BACK REMOVED AS WELL?

IF SO, THAN THIS IS GOOD NEWS. THEY GOT ALL THE BAD CELLS OUT!!

PLEASE BE HAPPY FOR THAT. CANCER IS VERY SCARRY AND WE ALL KNOW , HERE AT THIS SITE, WHAT IT'S LIKE TO HAVE IT.
I'M SURE YOUR DOCTORS HAVE CLEARED IT ALL OUT AND YOU ARE ON THE ROAD TO A FULL RECOVERY.
TRY AND THINK POSITIVE, YOU'LL BE GOOD AS NEW.

S
Unread 01-20-2002, 01:51 PM
thanks

thank you puppy2 for your repily yes they removed the cyst but the news isn't so good they said i still have cancells showing up still from my back, but hey i've still here wth u guys to cheer me up thanks again 4 repling to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2002, 01:57 PM
advice needed

Hi cel, it is sure scary when cancer is in your life. We here have all had some experience with cancer and know exactly what you are going through. This is a great place to be , lots of hugs, support and understanding. Dont forget that. You take good care, love always xx
Unread 01-20-2002, 03:31 PM
advice needed

Definately a scary time, I will agree with that!! It opens up your eyes to all that you have to be thankful for too! What exactly were you told by your doctor? Will you need treatments to destroy the remaining cancer cells? Please know that many of the women here have been through chemo and we are all here for support and to share experiences. You are not alone with us here!
Unread 01-20-2002, 06:24 PM
advice needed

HI Cel,
Sorry to hear you are having such a bad time of it... did the dr mention anything about further treatments ?? I had uterine and ovarian cancer.. had radiation treatments.. and so far so good... just remember that today your chances of a complete recovery are so much higher than they were just a few years ago... stop in here frequently and let us know how you are doing... we are rooting for you ... keeping you in my prayers...Sondra
Unread 01-20-2002, 07:25 PM
advice needed

Hi {{Cel}}

I'm so sorry you are going through this, this can all be very overwhelming, especially right at first.

Please don't feel like you shouldn't be feeling this way, its perfectly natural to feel like you are in a tailsping, primarily after first hearing a cancer diagnosis.

As the ladies have mentioned, if you are going to need further treatment for this, there are many different types available now. I had chemo with mine and while I can't tell you it was a cake walk, it was SO different than what I had expected it to be. The only comparison I had had was the chemo my mom went through over 20 years ago. Times have certainly changed.

I don't know if you will need further treatment and if so, which type they'll have in mind but please know there are many of us around here who've experienced various types of treatments who will all be more than willing to share our experiences with you.

I wish you the best and will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

{{hugs}}

Vicki
Unread 01-20-2002, 07:55 PM
advice needed

Hi, Cel,

It IS scary and it sounds scarier for you. Please let us know what the doctors are saying. We will be sending good thoughts your way to Germany--and if you're away from home, which it sounds from your location, that makes it so much harder.

Even very scary diagnoses have treatments these days. And they can't predict a lot of things. Look at Lance Armstrong. The doctors gave him no chance to survive three months and it's four years and several victories in the Tour de France later. He's my hero. He was making his comeback when I was recuperating from surgery.

I'm not sure you quite end up with the old self after this kind of diagnosis, but sometimes as you go through you can end up with a better self. I know I have. Lance Armstrong did.

Come here any time and tell us all about the fears and anger and confusion. We know what it's like and we're happy to hold your hand and hear about it--because after all we came here and someone held our hands.

Unread 01-22-2002, 02:02 PM
Hi Cel

I am sorry to hear about your sadness. There are lots of ears to listen here. I know the feeling or worry. Sometimes I pretend like everything is okay and secretly I wish the pretender would just take over.

The best comfort I have found is that I try think positive in the fact that I am aware of my health and I am doing everything I can to get better, stay better and help others avoid letting ovca go undiscovered.

Still sometimes I just get down. I have found a few good pen pals from this site to chat with and that has really meant the world to me.

I hope you have a brighter day today. RobinS
Unread 01-22-2002, 03:52 PM
advice needed

Hi Cel,
I am going to send you lots of hugs..............
I am keeping you in my thougts and prayers. Please let us know how you are doing.
Valentina

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register