one year anniversary 1-22 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

one year anniversary 1-22 one year anniversary 1-22

Unread 01-22-2002, 06:34 AM
one year anniversary 1-22

I just stopped in at the site as it has been many months since I have been here and I like all the improvements.

One year ago today and at this very time I was in surgery for my hysterectomy. It has been an amazing year of recovery and wonderment on life without pain or constant bleeding. I remember being terrified about the surgery, the healing and the changes it would or could make to my body and I am hear to tell you that I only wish I had done it 7 or 8 years earlier. I was truly blessed that I had a surgery and recovery that went very smoothly. I received so much information and comfort from this site!

My uterus was removed along with one ovary and so far (knock on wood) the one left is holding its own. I had bladder repair surgery too and I tell you that is the most wonderful thing in all of this - a bladder like I had before my children were born!!! I know another concern was the sexual side effects - I am happy to report that it is better than ever!! and that is something I didn't even hope for but it is amazing!

I think even my body is grateful that I removed this diseased part of my body that was making it struggle to provide health.

This note is hopefully a source of comfort to someone that needs it right now from someone that has been where you are - afraid but yet desperate for relief.

I hope and pray that everyone that makes an informed decision to have a hysterectomy will receive healing and a health transformation that I was blessed to receive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2002, 06:40 AM

What a blessing your post was for me to read. I needed to hear from someone on the other side, and that things looked good over there! I am 45 years young too! I'm still waiting on a date for surgery as I have to have a bout of ulcerative colitis heal before we schedule a date as I will have a bowel resection done with the hyst, for endo on bowel. Thanks for taking the time to reassure us that better days are in our future
Unread 01-22-2002, 08:57 AM
your anniversary

wow--so happy to hear your good results!! sch'd for surgery in mid Feb & scared, etc. hoping for best also & glad ot hear yours a positive, healthy. thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2002, 09:58 AM

hi Sunrise

thankyou for your positive post, its so nice to read when someone
further down the line feels so well.

s and good health

It would be lovely to hear from you in chat, drop by if you get
the chance
Unread 01-22-2002, 10:06 AM

Congrats Sunrise...10 months here and I too feel great. I'm glad that you are doing well. Take care and God Bless you.
Unread 01-22-2002, 10:11 AM

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your positive, uplifting message!! It truly is a blessing to read for so many of us! Very encouraging indeed!
Unread 01-22-2002, 10:22 AM

Congrats Sunrise and I know just how you feel...........my 1 year anniversary was 1/5/02 and I have found myself thinking about it a lot in the past couple of weeks............remembering how I was feeling at this time last year as I was recovering from the surgery (TAH/BSO 1/5/01).
I definitely agree with you that my body is grateful that I have removed the diseased part.............I think it contributed to a lot of my health problems because most of them have disappeared or at least become much smaller problems than they were before my hyst (things that I never thought would have been affected by this type of surgery........too long a story to go into here).
I also had a smooth surgery and recovery with no problems, and I only wish I had done it several years ago!
I only wish that it would go that smoothly for all the sisters!
Peachy
Unread 01-22-2002, 10:59 AM

Thanks to all those that have replied - that is such a special part of this site!

I wanted to share that I just returned from a 45 minute walk in the glorious warmth of the sun - (I live in Michigan and it is near 50 today and beautiful). As I walked I thanked God for all the blessings my surgery gave back to me as I have been remembering the way I was a year ago. It is such a blessing to just be able to take a walk - before my surgery my huge uterus was resting on a nerve which made walking pretty scaring because I never knew when my leg would go numb. That numbness left the day I had surgery!

Another benefit I forgot to mention is just the feeling of gratitude that I now have in my life. When your body is struggling for health I think it affects everything including moods (not to mention hormones) and pain certainly affects your life. I now feel so grateful that all the pain, bleeding, leaking, planning life around periods is GONE! I absolutely have never felt any sadness for the loss of this organ or that I am less a woman because I no longer have a uterus. That is just not true. It has given me a new lease on life - no regret whatsoever!

A side story - a mother that I had never met came up to me at a function and whispered "Can I talk to you about your surgery?" I said sure - we had a mutual friend who had told her about my success story. At that point I was 5 weeks - she couldn't believe I was even out of bed! Please understand that I was standing for the entire time but was there and having a great time. She was so doubtful I told her to call me at home and we would have a good talk - I also told her to check out this site. We had several talks before her surgery and she said things like "But I will never be as lucky as you!" Guess what, she was - all her fears were not realized and she had a wonderful recovery and is so grateful she went through it. You just never know the lives you can touch by sharing your experience.

Best of luck to all of you - you are in my prayers.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register