"i hate me, almost everything about me" (Updated) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

"i hate me, almost everything about me" (Updated) "i hate me, almost everything about me" (Updated)

Unread 07-26-2012, 05:59 PM
"i hate me, almost everything about me" (Updated)

I have gained weight since i had my hysterectomy in 2007. I look as bad as i feel. I don't know if I am depressed or if its just lack of hormones. I hav'nt taken anything since my surgery. I had both overies taken and I feel overwhelmed sometimes because I am still young and would have liked to have another baby. I know that I am very blessed to have what I've got but my bro. and wife just had another baby and its made my feelings all messed up. I am happy for them but sometimes I feel like I'm not worth much because I'm not complete. Sounds crazy...right? I also hate my body it is sooooo bad. I was in good shape before and now it is so hard to even look in the mirror at myself. I can't loose weight, and I hate it... I go to the doctor Aug.1, so I sure hope someone can help! Does anyone else feel this way?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2012, 06:29 PM
Re: "i hate me, almost everything about me"

Becca I will pray for you.. I think emotions will forever be there regarding these things.. Remember God does all things for a reason... My issue so far is having to go see my doctor every three months cause my DvH was due to uterine cancer... Thank God the cancer was only confined to my uterus, but another test was unsure if it was hereditary; therefore, my doc thinks I may be @ risk for colon cancer... Us women have diff issues seems all the time... I pray you find a way through it all...
Unread 07-26-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca.3 View Post
I know that I am very blessed to have what I've got but my bro. and wife just had another baby and its made my feelings all messed up. I am happy for them but sometimes I feel like I'm not worth much because I'm not complete. Sounds crazy...right? I also hate my body it is sooooo bad. I was in good shape before and now it is so hard to even look in the mirror at myself. I can't loose weight, and I hate it... I go to the doctor Aug.1, so I sure hope someone can help! Does anyone else feel this way?
(((Becca.3))) No it does not sound crazy at all. I can honestly say I know how you feel, My brother and his wife also just had a baby about a month ago, plus a close friend had a baby in April, plus I know what feels like a zillion more preggos right now. I too wanted one more, but I also think I will always have the 1 more thought, I just think it is worse because I can't now. It does make you feel incomplete, though we are not, we are just women that have had to face a tougher road.

I too don't have my ovaries, but have been on HRT for anout 4 months now. I am overweight, was before my surgeries, but when my hormones dropped low in May I quickly put on 10 lbs. I had lost 35 before that, so gaining made me feel bad. Now that me homrones are stable again I am losing easily. I'm not saying you need HRT, but that you need to bring up the wieght issue with your dr and then maybe then can determine if it is due to your hormones. Sending you lots and lots of hugs!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2012, 07:42 AM

Thank you so much. Sometimes it just feels good to know someone understands. I sure need prayer. Somedays are worse than others, but I'm glad that I don't have to go thru it alone. I have to pray alot and try to lean on the Lord because I know he is the only one that can really help. He said to pray without ceasing, and that is about where I'm at... with all of these hotflashes and feelings..haha
Unread 07-30-2012, 07:40 AM

becca, if you're still having hot flashes then I would definitely say you don't have enough estrogen. Low estrogen can also cause depression in many ladies as well.

Hopefully at your dr appt you'll get some relief.
Unread 07-30-2012, 08:46 AM

Hi Becca. Sorry you are struggling so much, you must see your doctor, there is help out there. Think about trying supplements such as plant oestrogens, (soya) sage, evening primrose oil, starflower, calcium, lots more, they are the only ones that came to mind straight away. I had no idea there was a link between cancer of the uterus and colon, was pretty stunned when I read that, both of my parents have had colon cancer, my Mother is 5 years in remission, Dad's was 30 years ago, medicine has moved on dramatically since then was too late for him. I shall research on-line, thanks. You have to love HysterSisters so we can share. Please keep well, and keep in touch.
Unread 08-09-2012, 07:58 AM

I am posting back to this because I have to tell all of you that have read this thread that I am doing so much better!!I went to the doctor and he gave me the Vivelle Dot 0.1. It is amazing how much better I feel in just a week. I love it!!! I have started to have more energy and I don't feel as depressed. Think I just needed some hormones. So I don't hate me I just hate the weight that I've gained. Starting my diet next week. Pray I can do it.
Unread 08-09-2012, 12:36 PM

YAY!!
Unread 02-04-2013, 07:05 PM

Its been a while since Ive posted anything. Been real busy with the family.It has been six years since my hysterectomy and i am just now feeling like my old self. I am still on my patches and still feeling great. i have lost 20 lbs and still going!!! yeah!!! about 35 more to go... I am very excited about losing some weight and that has made me feel so much better. You wouldnt think that 20 lbs would make a differance but it does. Thank you all who have encouraged me through my hard time.
Unread 02-04-2013, 09:04 PM
Re: "i hate me, almost everything about me" (Updated)

WONDERFUL!!! So glad to hear that you are doing well and losing weight! I hope the next 35 come off easy!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register