Pre-Op Pity Party | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-Op Pity Party Pre-Op Pity Party

Unread 01-22-2002, 03:04 PM
Pre-Op Pity Party

I have had my scheduled date of Feb. 6 (TAH BSO) since mid December which has been way too much time to dwell on this. Now that it is 2 weeks away I am feeling the pressure to get the house cleaned and do the things I won't be able to do later. IF I could stop crying long enough. Had a real pity party this weekend. DH tries to be understanding but he thinks I am focusing on the surgery and recovery other than how good I will feel after this is all over. He just wants to see me smile again, wants his 'girl' back. Isn't that sweet. He called last night from out of town and I was commenting about why do all of these things happen to so many women, fibroids, endo, cancer, what is causing all of this? He was quick to comment, well remember you were made from a used rib! He's a riot! Now if I can just get him to clean house while I am recovering...

If you are so inclined, please pray for me as I am a wimp, I admit it. I don't have any veins and I don't do pain. But I have endured it for 15 months now, what's a few more weeks???

Is anyone else out there out of control?
My pre-op is tomorrow, hope DR has scheduled lots of time for me and my book of questions!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2002, 03:16 PM
hello

I am from Scott Depot Wv
You are really close
I just had my hyst on 1-3-02
If you want to talk I am here... Just a couple of miles away...
Tarrish
Unread 01-22-2002, 03:26 PM
Hi

Hey - Bring your party here! We will all try to cheer you up. I think talking about your anxieties with others helps you realize it is just normal fear. Knowing what to expect is half the battle.

Sit back and let us all help you along...You're going to be fine!! We all have veins and even wimps can feel good with the right pain meds.

Come to chat - there are alot of nice ladies in there! RobinS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2002, 03:33 PM
Hang in there!

Oh you're so close! Hold on sweetie! Why does that old housework loom over all of our heads? It's not like the sky will fall if we don't get it all done! I felt the same way. I scheduled my surgery in August to be done in January. Talk about a lot of time to think! Well, two weeks before I felt exactly the same way "I'll never get it all done!" and started to panic. Well, I focused on the important things, and tried to get to the rest as best I could. More important for you to rest and relax before you go to the castle than worry about the house. Sounds like your dh is a peach and pretty supportive. It won't be long now. Just hold on and call on me if you have any questions I can answer! I'll definately pray for you!

-Lisa
Unread 01-23-2002, 09:57 AM
pity party

I planned my hysterectomy very carefully. I saw the dr in May and scheduled my surgery for the first week in Oct. This gave me the whole summer to have company, go to some weddings, and clean my house. I would be healed in time for the holidays. I was scheduled for a Monday. On Friday afternoon, the dr's office called to say my bloodwork was not done and I would be rescheduled at a later time. They assumed I hadn't gotten it done. I had my blood drawn in early August. They didn't do that test at my lab, so it sat there until someone threw it out. This particular test takes two weeks. When it was done over, there was something they didn't like about it and I had to see a hematologist. (another delay) Then the hematologist had a few tests of her own she wanted to do. (another delay) She never sent the results to the dr.'s office. (another delay) I finally had my surgery on Dec. 3rd. When I arrived at the hospital, there was no bloodwork on my chart. I was a basket case from the time I should have had my surgery until I had it. I really feel for you. The stress is real weather it is sensible or not. Ellenstorms
Unread 01-23-2002, 11:05 AM
Nesting Instinct

I went through the same feelings about getting things in order. I was a nut case until about a week out. Things started to come together. I cleaned everything that I thought would get on my nerves when I had to sit and look at it with no hope of doing it myself. Hang in there. DH sounds like he really cares and will pitch in.

Karen
Unread 01-23-2002, 11:09 AM
You're not alone!

I scheduled my surgery the end of October for Jan 10 due to work & insurance reasons, & I was so stressed! I spoke to my Dr. about my fears & he prescribed something which helped a lot. He also gave orders that only an experienced person was to put my I.V. in, because I'd had a very bad previous experience previously when they couldn't hit my vein. But the thing that helped me the most was this website-I spent hours reading through & learning. My surgery went great. I told all of the hospital staff how terrified I was--and they listened. A nurse with over 25 years experience put that IV in first try & I never felt it! I told her how scared I was & she rubbed my arm w/something that deadened it first. The catheter was my other big fear. They put it in while I was under & I didn't even know it was there when I came to, & it didn't hurt to have it taken out either. I can't say enough good things about the staff & my Dr., but I do know they will help you if you speak up & tell them what's bothering you & ask for their help! And yes, you are in my prayers. You'll be fine.
Unread 01-23-2002, 12:39 PM
Take strength from your sisters!

Hang in there, the fear is usually worse than the experience. I agree with the other post that you should let your fears be known to your Dr. and also the hospital staff. They can be very helpful. I was worried about the IV and the cathedar too, but I came through it. The cathedar never caused me any discomfort and I ended up being glad I had it. Lean on your dh and stick with this site - it's very helpful.

Prayers with you!

Lis
Unread 01-23-2002, 12:50 PM
Pre-Op Pity Party

I'm with you on the pity party and I have another 4 weeks to go. When I start to think about everything that needs to be done and the kids....I get very scared. My DH was reading the hyster sisters journal last night (upon my loud request) and he finally seems to understand what I've been FREAKING out about.

Everyone says, "Try not to think about it." Why is it that is the one thing I don't want to hear!

Good luck to you, I'm only days behind...
Unread 01-23-2002, 01:42 PM
Pre-Op Pity Party

Dear Pre-Op Pity Party,

You can count me in for prayers...sorry you have had so long to wait. My doctor and I made the decision on Jan. 17, my Pre-Op is next Wed. and if everything goes well my surgery will be the 4th of Feb. The Land of Hyster Sisters book has helped me so much to deal with questions and feelings. Make sure you take some time out to rest from cleaning before you go!
Coral Bell

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register