Ok, now I am scared | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ok, now I am scared Ok, now I am scared

Unread 01-22-2002, 05:28 PM
Ok, now I am scared

It has been over a year since my TAH/BSO, and been getting clean bills of health, CA125 remains at the bottom of the scale. Today I went to see the doc for some unspecific abdominal pain with vomiting (no nausea) and she has scheduled a cat scan, has concerns that the ovaries MAY have been a secondary cancer, and wants to check elsewhere.... I THOUGHT I was doing so well, anybody else ever have something like this happen?

Maggie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2002, 08:53 PM
Ok, now I am scared

Ahhh, Maggie! Of course you're scared!!

I know I'd be bouncing off the walls!

I have ct scans all the time (luckily down to one a year) even though I had a kind of cancer they don't think spreads. I think ct scans are just the first test they try to check on what's going on. There are lots of awkward and painful things that can happen inside that are benign. Your low ca125 is a good sign after all.

When is your scan?
Unread 01-23-2002, 02:30 AM
Ok, now I am scared

Hi Maggie,
I am sending good thoughts and prayers that all is fine. I would hope since your checkups have been good all along, and since these symptoms are new, hopefully its nothing at all and your doctor is being cautious and checking it all out.
Crossing fingers and toes for ya Maggie!! Keep us posted!
Hugs
Maria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2002, 05:16 AM
Ok, now I am scared

Trish, my appointment is for Monday, then back to the doc on Wednesday for more blood work.

What really scares me Maria is these are NOT new symptoms, just ones that come and go, and the docs have never been able to figure out what causes them... I have had more tests and scans than I want to even think about.

This has been going on since my TAH in October of 2000. I have abdominal pains, and like organs always do, they are non-specific. You cannot really tell WHERE they are coming from. Liver is not swollen, but very painful, Pancreas swells, then swelling goes down. I get vomitting with no cause, no nausea, I just spew, I get Diarrhea in the middle of the night, like water, lasts about an hour- hour and a half, then it is done, and back to normal bowel movements for a day or two. LOTS of gas, then none... No fever, no chills, no real bad blood work, no positive results on any of the tests they have done.

All this new since my hysterectomy and dealing with the ovarian cancer. Now the doc thinks that the ovaries were a secondary cancer, and there is something else lurking in there that has not yet been found. In all the tests they have done, the worst thing that they have uncovered is fatty liver, which is fairly common, but these symptoms do not match...

There has been some concern that when I had my gall bladder out 25 years ago there was a stone left, but it does not show on ultrasound, CT scans, or MRI's. If nothing shows on this scan, then I get an upper endoscope with contrast scans. I am just plain sick and tired of all of this. I want it over, I want to quit worrying that I will not make it to bounce my soon to be born grandbaby on my knee....

Well, enough of the pity party. Buck up... be brave... don't let em know that they have you down, stiff upper lip and all that other happy horse doo-doo....

Thanks for being there and listening ladies.

Maggie
Unread 01-23-2002, 05:56 AM
pity party

Gee Maggie I think you're entitled to a pity party. Don't cha just feel that little bit better after you have one? so set a time limit. Have the party and then go do something nice for yourself. How about a tattoo Grin :-)
Take care and hang in there. Sounds like your Dr.s are working with you
Susan (who really is kinda thinkin about a tattoo ---something significant to show she got thru this--and teeny--and hideable--I mean really I'll have a scar how bout something cool to go with it!)
Unread 01-23-2002, 06:35 AM
Ok, now I am scared

{{Maggie}}

's for you! I can wholeheartedly understand how frustrated by this you must be. I certainly hope they figure out what is causing these symptoms and be able to take care of them, once and for all.

I pray that there are no lurkers hiding in there and this turns out to be something other than a different type of cancer. I was wondering if in the battery of tests you've had, has a colonoscopy been part of it? Is this something that may be able to help in figuring it out??? Just babbling here so...

Anyway, best to you on your upcoming visit on Monday. Please let us know how it goes when you can. I'll be keeping you in my prayers that all goes well.

{{hugs}}

Vicki
Unread 01-23-2002, 09:43 AM
Ok, now I am scared

Maggie, a big You are allowed to have your pity party, you are allowed to be scared , you are allowed to cry and anything else you need to do to cope. I am holding you very close to my heart and in my prayers . Best of luck on Monday. Much love always x x

Remember we are here for you at all times xx
Unread 01-23-2002, 05:09 PM
Wow

In reading the posts here, I just started to cry (at work and everything!). It's so hard to believe that there are so many of us princesses around! The numbers just seem to be increasing. And though my sadness, I'm a bit relieved that I'm not alone in these feelings. That I'm not the only one with all sorts of aches and pains that are unexplicable, and that I'm not the only one completely frustrated by it all. Thank you ladies for sharing your pain with others. It really does helps us all, I believe. I had hopes and dreams that after surgery, I would miraculously feel all together better! How those hopes and dreams are becoming shatter. At least I have comfort here. Trish, Maggie, other ladies in waiting, I wish you the best of luck in your up and coming check ups. You're in my thoughts.

Char
Unread 01-23-2002, 05:26 PM
Ok, now I am scared

DEAR MAGGIE,

POOR THING, I KNOW HOW FRIGHTENING IT MUST BE FOR YOU.

THEY HAVE TO FIND THE CAUSE OF THIS, SOONER OR LATER YOU KNOW. THE GOOFY THING IS PROBABLY SOME DUMB THING THAT YOU WOULD NEVER SUSPECT.
GOOD THING THEY ARE LOOKING FOR IT. DON'T YOU THINK??

I DO HOPE THEY COME TO SOME KIND OF CONCLUSION ON THIS, SOMETHING TO EASE YOUR MIND.

PLEASE PITY YOURSELF, YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT.

NOW TRY YOUR HARDEST TO GET YOUR MIND OFF OF THIS FOR
AWHILE.

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU, GOD BLESS.
Unread 01-23-2002, 06:36 PM
Ok, now I am scared

I am so sorry MaggIe to hear all this, it certainly is heartbreaking and yes oh so scary, we all feel your fear! Here's the thing...DON'T LET IT GET YOU!!!!!!
I was thinkng like Vicki, I did not see a colonoscopy in your battery of tests.
I do believe that the fact that you have had so many tests and the have found nothing is a great thing, and the doctors are working and eliminating all possibilities.
Hang in there....
I am sending you and that all will be well!!!
Valentina

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register