I finally have a date..... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I finally have a date..... I finally have a date.....

Unread 01-23-2002, 03:08 PM
I finally have a date.....

Just got back from the dr and my surgery is scheduled for Feb 11th. I wish it was sooner, but at least I'm in the countdown now and it is first thing in the morning. All of you have been a big help. I had a whole list of questions and the dr answered all of them. Told me to take a multivitamin and an iron pill, since I've lost so much blood.
I need help with the abbreviations for what I'm having so here goes: Laparascopic Assisted Vaginal Hysterectomy with BSO to remove ovaries. So do I use LAVH/BSO? Thanks again for all your help.

Tinny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2002, 04:29 PM

Hi tinny,
Yes you have it right. I found great relief in having a date (11 weeks ago today!). I took iron too and it really helped me. You sound ready to roll. Best wishes. Jan
Unread 01-23-2002, 04:57 PM

Hi Tinny! Congraulations on getting your date! The waiting is the worst, but you will have enough time to be prepared and not TOO much time to fret. Best wishes for an uneventful surgery and recovery. s Oh, and don't forget to take that iron pill...

Sherry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2002, 08:30 PM
hey tinny....same date

hi tinny.....i have my hyster on the 11th too. i hope everything goes well for you and i'm sure it will. good luck and let me know how things go.

amanda i.
Unread 01-23-2002, 08:38 PM
Possible Future Princess

I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread, but I am very new to this site and didn't know where I should post. I went for my annual check up in November and informed my Dr. of the problems I have been having. It didn't occur to me that these problems have been on- going for years. But she decided to send me for an ultra sound. Went back a month later and she informed me that I have an enlarged uterus, fibroids, possible endo, cysts, and thickening of the uterin wall. I had the on-set of endo about 8 yrs ago but my prior Dr. (retired 2 yrs ago) didn't think anything of it. Anyway, after my Dr. mentioned a hysterectomy, I began searching for information and found this site. I have so many questions. Have any of you had the above mentioned, plus, heavy periods lasting 7 + days, along with spotting 1 to 2 weeks prior to period, passing of clots during period, tissue like substance at urination, constipation, lower back pain, sharp shooting pain up rectum (occassionally), pain on left side (feels like a marble being pushed through a straw), feeling as if someone is pulling me from the inside out, some discomfort during intercourse (not all the time), and I have noticed that one of my toes has become numb. I sometimes get a pain in my leg, as if I bruised it but there is not a bruise or any marking. I had my tubes tied about 16 yrs ago. I think I covered it all. I had a endo biopsy done 2 wks ago and Dr. hasn't called. I see her on Friday (25th) and she wants me to let her know if I plan to have the hysterectomy. And I thought all this was normal and put up with it for many years.
Unread 01-24-2002, 01:18 AM
A lot in common

Browniz,

Hi there. We have a lot in common. I've had a terrible time with my periods for 3 years and thought I was just starting my change young. My dr at first said I was too young for that. I have the hot flashes, night sweats, etc. Also have big clots, excess bleeding, etc. Last August he did a D & C and a new procedure called balloon therapy that was supposed to help. It only helped for 3 months and now I've been bleeding 45 of the past 50 days. Went to him 2 weeks ago and asked if hormones would help. He said no, but if I wanted to try them before I had surgery, he'd give me a prescription for them Tried them with no luck so went back yesterday. My surgery is Feb 11th. My
told me yesterday that I'm his first failure for the balloon therapy. After alot of thought and looking at pros and cons I decided to get a total hyst. Several women get along great with just a partial, but I've talked to a lot that had to go back within 2-5 years to have the ovaries removed so I decided I'd just do it all at once. I'm having a LAVH/BSO- which is vaginally with 3 small incisions in my stomach to remove the ovaries.
Best of luck with your choices and keep in touch. This website has been a great help. I had a long list of questions for my dr too and he answered all of them and took his time with me.
Good luck.

Cindy
Unread 01-24-2002, 07:01 PM

tinny and browniz,

sounds like we all have a lot in common. i have had cyst, back pain and very heavy bleeding, but mine started when i had my tubes tied 20 months ago. sence that time i have only been of my period for about 2 months, recently, i have been bleeding sence the second week of nov. my doc tried hormonthearpy, b.c.p, and d n c nothing worked. so i am having this done at that age of 22. on feb. 11. hopeeverything goes well for you guys.

Unread 01-24-2002, 08:08 PM

Hi Amanda.

You are so young to be having these problems. I guess I never really wanted to deal with the problem. I was afraid that I would lose my sexuality at an early age. By the way, I'm 39. Tomorrow when I see my Dr., (don't know how to enter the graphics), I will inform her that I have decided to go through with it. I have it all planned out. I will let her know the date that I can have the surgery. Hopefully it will be fine. I'm planning around work. Right now in NM, our legislative session is on and will end on February 14th. Then I figure I can have the surgery the following Wednesday (20th) and be back to work by the first of April. Sounds good huh. Now lets hope she is flexible. Since I have found this site, I am not that scared anymore. Just a little nervous.
Unread 01-24-2002, 08:14 PM
hope things work out

browniz

i hope your doctor does let things go that good for you. my mother had a hyster at the age of 35, and she had all of the same problems and said it was the best hing she ever had done. please let me know how things go for you, i will keep you in my prayers.

Unread 01-24-2002, 08:47 PM

I'll be praying for you too. Please do post after and let me know what I'm in store for.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register