Feels like I've lost it - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feels like I've lost it Feels like I've lost it

Unread 08-13-2012, 03:59 PM
Re: Feels like I've lost it

Yes, LOL.
I am sure my doctor has fired me as a patient.
If that is what it takes to get some care, then I'll allow myself to be fired.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-13-2012, 06:16 PM

I went to the pharmacy and got some evening primrose oil and black cohosh, hopefully they help. The pharmacist said that she is going through menopause at the moment and the herbs haven't given her any relief. She does think that what I am going through is from the surgery and that I should get a second opinion. It was nice to get the reassurance, at least I am not crazy, well not yet anyways lol.
Unread 08-13-2012, 06:37 PM

First hugsss to all of you. This is what I am afraid of. So far so good. I had everything removed. The only thing I've noticed is my skin is not nearly as oily. Yay!! That I am loving. I actually feel like I'm calmer than before. I was emotional basketcase before the surgery. I now know my body was producing way to much estrogen. I've been very lucky. I have an awesome gp and gyn. The gyn/onc my gyn referred me to is really quiet but awesome surgeon. His is a teaching surgeon so I also have the resident with him and she is awesome. I don't know why your gyn is blowing off your concerns. You are paying him/her and it shouldn't matter what they fill. Have you requested or demanded he run a series of hormone tests? Personally if I did not receive the care I needed, then I would request to be referred to someone else. I had a gp several years ago who was a lot like what you are describing. He had been in practice many many years and I found out real quick that is not always the best one's to deal with. They tend to get tunnel vision. Well he thought I had a stomach virus and for two weeks gave me meds for that. I went back into his office and as a fluke I was given and appt with one of his partners a much newer doctor. He immediately knew I was severely anemic. Hell I almost died. The gp and gyn I am with now have only been in practice for a couple of years and they have been right on it about everything. Try googling for the best doc in your area dealing with hormones. Hugss to you I hope you find someone to help you soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-13-2012, 06:53 PM

Thanks for sharing Paxton. I live in the country so I don't have a large choice of doctors to choose from. I am going to be more assertive at my next appointment, the worst she can say is no, and then I can move on to another doctor. Thank goodness you got a new doctor when you did. It is amazing how some doctors miss things that are so obvious to others.
Unread 08-13-2012, 07:12 PM

I'm so sorry to hear you have such a rough time. Sometimes anger goes to the liver, which has had a lot to do with all the medicine we've been given. Personally I use turmeric to cleanse the liver and it is a natural anti inflammatory. My dr approved me using that instead of ibuprofen on day 3.
The other thing I have found helpful is chlorella. It is and algae that is grown in a controlled environment and really strengthens the immune system.
I can not give you advice in what to take or what to do, But I'll be happy to answer more questions you might have about hers or supplements

Another thing you might want to consider is rescue remedie. It is a Bach flower essence and works homeopathicly. It is specifically made to help you after an emotional difficulty. I carried it in my purse for a while and would squirt some under my tongue when I felt I neede it

The body is such an amazing thing, and works together with all the systems and the mind and emotions. I think we have to consider all of those in our healing, and I am lucky that my dr agrees with me.

All my warm wished to you, I sincerely hope this is helpful.
Unread 08-17-2012, 01:45 PM

I understand the frustration you must be feeling right now. I am 10 days post op and kept one ovary. I have been a complete mess. Crying, cant regulate body temp, angry, do not want interaction with most people but don't want to have certain others out of my sight. My husband is and angel, but he is at a loss at what to do with me! and he is a nurse!
I also talked to my doc and asked about this and was told that it couldn't be from the surgery. I thought it was just me until another mom sent me here from CafeMom. Thank God we are not alone!
I am going to call my doc again and this time be more assertive in asking for help. I don't know how much longer my family can deal with me like this! I am scaring myself tobe honest.
Thank you so much for being so forthcoming and outright. It has really helped me. All ofyou ladies have. Thank you so much!
Unread 08-18-2012, 10:19 PM

Jmwsinpc, I hope your doctor will be more understanding when you go back for your follow up.
I just wanted to give an update, I have been taking black cohosh and evening primrose oil and the moodiness seems to have decreased. I don't know if they are helping or if it is just a coincidence, but the crying spells have decreased and I am not as snappy as I was a week ago. It is nice not to feel like a wrecking ball destroying everything in my path.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register