One Week to Go (01/31/02) - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

One Week to Go (01/31/02) One Week to Go (01/31/02)

Unread 01-24-2002, 11:50 AM
One Week to Go (01/31/02)

Wow we all sound like we are pretty much held together and ready for our big day. I just finished packing a few things for the hospital and was wondering what will you bring for the nurses? That sounds like a nice idea.

Debbie
[email protected]
LAVH/BSO I think I will have to do general not epiadural as my doctor mentioned yesterday at pre-op.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2002, 07:20 AM

Hi everyone: for the nurses, I'm thinking of bringing one sweet treat like a bag or box of really good chocolate chip cookies (maybe some other simpler cookie) and also something a little less sugary/sweet like cheese sticks or a nice nut mixture. There is a nice local market nearby which carries great goodies. I'm going to ask my husband to bring them over Thursday night or Friday morning.

Hope everyone is okay and holding on. Take care of yourselves and try not to stress out to much (this works best for me when I don't look at the piles and piles of documents on my desk here at work).

Alabelle
Unread 01-25-2002, 08:18 AM

I'm going to have my surgery on Wed, 1/30 - I'm so nervous. They said that I would be in the hospital overnight -it that usual, just one night?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2002, 08:34 AM

Hey Jokev!

I'm having my surgery on Jan. 30, too! I was told 1 to 2 nights in the castle. I talked to the nurse who scheduled my surgery this morning and she said my insurance co. would cover 2 nights!

I think we are all nervous--stay busy and Wed. will be here before we know it!

Take care and best wishes!
Unread 01-25-2002, 08:40 AM

Hi Jokev

It may depend on what kind of surgery. Vag or Abd. Vag is supposed to be easier than abd. But don't worry, they won't send you home before they think you're ready.
Unread 01-25-2002, 01:32 PM

Hello ladies.

I also am scheduled for next week (Jan. 30) and have just started dreaming all the wacky hospital scenes! I was laughing when I woke up this morning. I was dreaming the ward I was put into was about 30 beds all lined up really close, no curtains or anything and they wanted me to take the bed next to a dirty man with really nasty stains all over his bed and sheets!!

I've started my list of things to take with me and just have a few things to buy yet. But this week went by SOOO fast!! My kids both have these HUGE science projects due not long after surgery so we're also trying to get them done up too! WHEW!!!

Anyhow, good luck to the rest of you ladies and here's to seeing you all on the post-op board soon!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register