Dumbest thing someone has said to you?!! - Page 15 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dumbest thing someone has said to you?!! Dumbest thing someone has said to you?!!

Unread 08-20-2012, 09:53 PM
Dumbest thing someone has said to you?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by menorrhagiaJen View Post
Thank you all for the laughs. I have cramps so bad that I've spent most of 2 days laying down and today have pretty muc abandoned food for chocolate because I don't care. Laughing hurts but it helps SO much. I haven't even throw things or cried because I realized my meds are an hour away and I cancelled my trip up to get them b/c I didn't feel good---and I'm out. Oh well. Either tomorrow I'll feel like going up or I will be too afraid of leakage. But at least I have hyster sisters to keep me smiling. (And muscle relaxants prescribed for tension headaches and being re-purposed .
Whew!! Jen you mean you are out!! Like none in the house? Girl don't play with me lol. I ran out first week and didn't worry bout. I now know what makes a crackhead act the way they do. Lol. I would have driven to egypt by the next morning!! My DH is now calling me a junkie and I'm proud of it. Lol. I realized I had never felt REAL pain until this surgery. I'm doing good now, but I have a new found empathy for people in chronic pain. I honestly just don't know how they do it. Muscle relaxers? I've never taken those, but makes sense they would help. Hang in there I would go get your meds for if I could. hugggsSs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2012, 10:15 PM
Re: Uterus showers

Hope you are feeling better soon Jen!

We could put little firecrackers inside tampons and make them into fiesta uterus fireworks!!! They already come with fuses!
Unread 08-20-2012, 10:19 PM
Re: So, what's the dumbest thing someone has said to you @ surgery?

I'm going to be up late tonight hurting along with severe insomnia and will try to cut and paste together all the ideas.

We SHOULD register. For white underwear, pajamas that are cute, not hard to stain, ditto sheets, Merderma if indicated. Chocolate of course. Fans for those with BSOs. Miralax, colace, sennokot.

I have this image of asking one of those photo cake places where they put your picture on edible paper on the cake, with the picture of your own uterus on your cake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2012, 10:23 PM

oh, not pain meds. I don't have those yet. I probably should ask for some but at the moment I don't have any. These are actually psych meds which are very bad to miss but it's not going to kill me. And I can only do what I can do. No, my hope is to get a script for post-op meds at pre-op because I have to call pharmacies and price compare before I fill anything and that's not easily done when the ride home is 2.5 hours and I'm hurting.
Unread 08-20-2012, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbieSpeaks View Post
I was told about how my DH's best friends wife did laundry the day she was released from the hospital with her hysterectomy, and that she says I should be feeling better by now. As far as I can tell we are all different and heal at different rates. People annoy me.
Lol. I find people just plain out lie bout there recover. I actually called a few of my friends and flat out told them they lied. Lol. What I realize is people tend to forget 20yrs after their surgery. I have no desire to be first or be superwoman. I'll be ****ed if I put myself in pain or in harm just so I can say I did more. Don't you worry bout what she did. Why would anybody want to do laundry when they have an excuse not to.
Unread 08-20-2012, 10:28 PM

I love parties and Uterus shower is such a funny but great idea!

I'm laughing on my own reading all posts! I'd like some chocolate covered biscuits the shape would be Acdg. To your surgery, TAH or just partial, depending on then organs removed!

This could be good party hats as well, your hat will be uterus or uterus with ovaries

For give aways everybody gets diamonds or puppies, we definitely need a best friend during recovery
Unread 08-20-2012, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by menorrhagiaJen View Post
oh, not pain meds. I don't have those yet. I probably should ask for some but at the moment I don't have any. These are actually psych meds which are very bad to miss but it's not going to kill me. And I can only do what I can do. No, my hope is to get a script for post-op meds at pre-op because I have to call pharmacies and price compare before I fill anything and that's not easily done when the ride home is 2.5 hours and I'm hurting.

Good idea!! I have a great insurance now, but when I didn't I printed that 4 dollar list from wal-mart and they also have a list at wal-greens now too. I used to keep that list in my purse for when dr had to prescribe me anything. He would look at the list and pick out something that was comparable to what he would have originally prescribed. Doing this saved me a fortune. Even with my ins have great co-pays I had my doc prescribe two different pain meds. Perc works best for me but loratabs are cheaper. So we did a few of Perc and mostly loratabs. The anti-nausea med they prescribed is one used for pain too. My doc was great. Good luck!!
Unread 08-20-2012, 10:38 PM
Re: So, what's the dumbest thing someone has said to you @ surgery?

Don't you worry bout what she did. Why would anybody want to do laundry when they have an excuse not to. [/quote]

haha! True! Pre op, I cried my everything out! I didn't care if people said it was to weak! Post op, I rested and took advantage of my sickleave with pay! Good excuse right?
Unread 08-20-2012, 10:53 PM

I have the lists too. I even can get free antibiotics from Giant Eagle if they are the cheap ones. I didn't know about that until I had strep a few months ago. With this I know it will be vicodin because I'm allergic or contraindicated on everything else. It's fun. I may be in the hospital and extra night because of this and I'll take vicodin longer than I would if I could just take ibuproferon. But that's ok, pain relief in any form is good.
Unread 08-20-2012, 10:59 PM

Lmao...I actually have a bid 5x7 of my uterus. Ovaries and cervis still attached. Doc took all out in one piece due to cancer. They laid it out perfectly. Plus took pics of insides while they were moving robotics arms around. Took about 5 pics. Its so cool looking!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register