Dumbest thing someone has said to you?!! - Page 16 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dumbest thing someone has said to you?!! Dumbest thing someone has said to you?!!

Unread 08-20-2012, 11:19 PM
Re: So, what's the dumbest thing someone has said to you @ surgery?

I had trouble breathing after surgery. A respiratory therapist came by to give me a breathing treatment. I asked what my oxygen saturation was...he said 92 but some of it is going to the baby. Really? How ?!? I was on a gyn surgical floor!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-21-2012, 12:25 AM

I haven't really told anyone of my surgery...so, I have had annoying comments, like, 'you're not pregnant are you.'. Nice. Ummm..that would be no.

Mom keeps saying ...'ohhhh forgot you had that vaginal thingy'. ***
Unread 08-21-2012, 07:26 AM
Re: Uterus showers

Ooo Ooo! I thought of another party game!

We can do Surgical Bingo! We'll pull up YouTube and search for "Hysterectomy," then watch the first video of the search. After that, we watch the first recommended video each time until someone gets Bingo!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-21-2012, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastDuchess View Post
Ooo Ooo! I thought of another party game!

We can do Surgical Bingo! We'll pull up YouTube and search for "Hysterectomy," then watch the first video of the search. After that, we watch the first recommended video each time until someone gets Bingo!
Oh my! I never want to be the Bingo!

But that is just too funny not to do

Talking about this already feels like a party
Unread 08-21-2012, 10:53 AM
Re: Dumbest thing someone has said to you? Throwing a uterus party

(((Ladies)))

The Dumbest Things and Uterus Party threads have been merged and moved here to our Friends Without Faces forum which is especially for light-hearted discussion.

Duplicate posts have been removed and we do ask that no copy/pasting be done per TOS.

Enjoy your party!

Unread 08-21-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loko View Post
At 7 weeks post-op I met a friend for drinks one day after work. We'd spent a little time discussing how I was doing & I remarked I had recently had my 6 week check up & my Dr. said my "vagina was good go". We were laughing about it when a nearby drunk decided to inform the whole bar what my Dr. had said!! Thankfully I have a good sense of humor and almost everybody there knew me and knew of my surgery, but seriously, that was the only part of the conversation he heard lol.
ROFLOL Love it! Thanks for the laugh!
Unread 08-21-2012, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by menorrhagiaJen View Post
oh, not pain meds. I don't have those yet. I probably should ask for some but at the moment I don't have any. These are actually psych meds which are very bad to miss but it's not going to kill me. And I can only do what I can do. No, my hope is to get a script for post-op meds at pre-op because I have to call pharmacies and price compare before I fill anything and that's not easily done when the ride home is 2.5 hours and I'm hurting.
If it's your psych meds your out of make the trip to the pharmacy tomorrow please! Abruptly stopping those can open a new can of worms for you, seriously, been there done that! GO!
:cathugs:
Unread 08-21-2012, 09:28 PM

I am ok. I never, ever miss them but have so back-up plan in place. I haven't been allowed acces to dangeous meds for months and my therapist has the key for my locked box Fortunately I had backup of nearly everything and will get there before it's a problem. I found some of what I was missng tucked away. I'm barely able to sit or stand straght right now from cramps (or type because I'm finally comfortable enough to sleep after 3 days of pain keeping me up.

Not ideal, but planned for. Thursday when he's back I'll go no mater what. I think I need an abdominal binder now!
Unread 08-23-2012, 05:01 AM

I had adenomysis and a less invasive surgery two weeks before my LAVH. My coworkers felt like I just wanted time off work. Only one has contacted me to say get over it time to comeback. A lady that has pancreatic cancer a real problem out.
Unread 08-23-2012, 01:21 PM

When i had the everything but the sink procedures last year I had a new assistant. It had taken a year to find someone and it was someone I knew wasn't very reliable. My being gone earlier than planned because of pain made it hard for her to have enough work. However, while I was sorry I knew there were things she could do and they'd keep her busy. But from 2 weeks out she called every week, including after I told her I was having complications and would be going to inpatient psych for a while until I finally contacted my supervisor and begged them to make her quit calling. She wound up quitting. I'm not sure they found anyone to replace me which could be why, but really, 2 weeks post-op? I was hoping to come back with some lifting restriction (I lifted people) at 3-4 weeks. 52 weeks later it's not happening. Thankfully she is no longer calling me . I don't know what she thought I was going to do for her.....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register