Dumbest thing someone has said to you?!! - Page 17 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dumbest thing someone has said to you?!! Dumbest thing someone has said to you?!!

Unread 08-24-2012, 08:12 PM
Re: Dumbest thing someone has said to you? Throwing a uterus party

There were lots of dumb comments a long the way, but luckily my DH and friends and family have all been FANTASTIC!

The absolute DUMBEST thing said to me was in post-op. my mom and hubby were brought into post op and were there when the nurse woke me up. I was in more pain than I ever expected or have experienced in my life! My blood pressure shot up, I started shaking uncontrollably, and tears were running down my face. My husband said to the nurse "help her, she needs something for the pain!" the nurse said to me "you need to take deep breaths." Deep breaths?? For the worst pain of my life?? Really?? My husband yelled at that useless nurse and told her to "go get something for her pain right now! I'm not asking, I'm DEMANDING!" Thank god for my hubby. That useless nurse scampered off and found a big, burly male nurse (I think she was afraid of my DH), who immediately realized that her idiotic breathing exercises weren't the answer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-24-2012, 09:47 PM

Good job for your Hubby! My doctor put me in a great pain management program. I was on general anesthesia and epidural. I was hooked in Morphin upto the next day. Then I was in Celebrex once a day, Tramadol, paracetamol round the clock until I didn't need it
Unread 08-25-2012, 10:41 AM

My surgery and stay was at a brand new hospital which I think is what prompted my husbands Well mannered comment as we left walking by the nurses station.

He said: Thank you for taking such good care of my wife.....Okay...that was fine.....then he says. we had such a wonderful stay, really pleasurable.....Really honey..Really??? Im glad that he had such a good time. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2012, 10:59 AM

Lol reb50. Did he think it was a 4 star hotel? I think I would have hit my hubby for that comment.
Unread 08-25-2012, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reb50 View Post
My surgery and stay was at a brand new hospital which I think is what prompted my husbands Well mannered comment as we left walking by the nurses station.

He said: Thank you for taking such good care of my wife.....Okay...that was fine.....then he says. we had such a wonderful stay, really pleasurable.....Really honey..Really??? Im glad that he had such a good time. lol
Hahaha!
Unread 08-25-2012, 12:48 PM

The comments that made me mad were "you just want time off" and "have you thought this through" [i] mean really before this how often did I share period issues---never.
Unread 08-25-2012, 01:32 PM

I got the "you'll have this and this and this" while getting my hair cut the other day. I figured she must have had a hysterectomy. Nope....c-section.

Wonder if that was a pleasurable stay?
Unread 08-27-2012, 01:07 PM

I loved the horror stories right before my surgery. I made up my mind to never talk to family because they really sucked at reassuring a person. I cannot say how many hysterectomy stories I heard about. Ladies were even willing to share those stories with my husband and he was horrified. It was really funny because they couldn't believe he just wouldn't want to discuss their vagina. lol

What really got to me too was the ones who never had the surgery could not understand it's not a quick recovery like childbirth. It truly escaped them that hey, uterus will not be bouncing back. But, it's interesting how the negativity came from women.
Unread 08-29-2012, 03:20 AM
Dumbest thing someone has said to you?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy79 View Post
Getting quite irritated with people who tell me not to talk about it or research what to expect and just do it, because I'm just going to scare myself. Like I'm getting my ears pierced or something! I like to be prepared and knowledgeable when going into something this serious and permanent.
. Here Here! Yes it's a big thing for a woman and I'm sure if it was happening to them they wouldn't be quite so nonchalant. I'm having the abdominal surgery and you can bet I am researching it thoroughly. It's my body and I'm not having a hysterectomy through choice it's because I am I am ill. Well said x
Unread 09-04-2012, 07:17 AM
Dumbest thing someone has said to you?!!

[quote=Baileykiko;3847976]Prior to my surgery, my MIL said "I'm going to give you the advise that was given to me by my aunt before my surgery. Just remember, they are only taking out the baby's cradle, not the playpen.". I was like WTH did I just hear?!?!?! Lol[/QUOTE

HA HA HA HA! Yea, that's not something you'd expect coming out of a relatives mouth.

Humans can be so amusing sometimes.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register