Dumbest thing someone has said to you?!! - Page 20 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dumbest thing someone has said to you?!! Dumbest thing someone has said to you?!!

Unread 09-13-2012, 01:54 PM
Re: Dumbest thing someone has said to you? Throwing a uterus party!!

Just found this thread, and have had the best laughs on a troubling day!!!
Have to share what DBF said to me when I shared how I felt about having to have a hysterectomy:

Me: I'm so freaked out by this, I've had no time to prepare!
DBF: Don't let it rent space in your head.
Me: Ok, you think about having your testicles both removed, and don't let that "rent space in your head!"

I know that he was trying to help, but REALLY?!?!?

I've also gotten the saving money on feminine products, and stop looking at the Internet, cause you're just freaking yourself out, comments... From my mother who had a hysterectomy 10 years ago, kinda thought she would understand... Hmmm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2012, 02:39 PM

I had to go into my work the other day to turn in paperwork and everyone was like wow you look could and when I said I felt pretty good just really exhausted at this point one woman said " I was never tired after my hysterectomy" Well good for you. I am.
Unread 10-17-2012, 10:37 AM

The funniest thing said to me was from my young coworker. She pulled me aside and said"Um. Will you be like a Barbie doll down there in your lady space after your hysterectomy?Cause he is taking your lady parts." I just looked at her and said No. He is not going to sew me shut . He is taking things out . I will be normal in my lady space. lol. I told my co worker who just had hers last year and she busted out laughing. I guess the younger one had the idea you were not able to have sex either. I also heard that since it was a lah that I would be back to work in a week. Nope. My doc said 7weeks. Thank God. I just got a clear bill of health until next year. WOOOO HOOO!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2012, 07:43 PM

i am having total hysterectomy and was telling my hair stylist i would not be back till after the first of the year. I told her what i was having and she said you will be fine, its a piece of cake. A piece of cake my butt...... And my DH acts like it is just going to have a tooth pulled
Unread 10-20-2012, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbergang View Post
i am having total hysterectomy and was telling my hair stylist i would not be back till after the first of the year. I told her what i was having and she said you will be fine, its a piece of cake. A piece of cake my butt...... And my DH acts like it is just going to have a tooth pulled
That's funny. My stylist told me few days before surgery all about what it would be like---if it were a C-section, and then when I said it would be a TLH "oh, well that should be easy to recover from". HA! It will be 6 weeks Monday and they've not been the easiest weeks of my life.
Unread 10-20-2012, 11:45 PM

Why does everyone compare it to a c section. Argh frustrating!
Unread 10-21-2012, 07:31 AM

It does't matter how everyone else SAYS they felt after their hysterectomy.
It only matters how you feel.
Every surgery is different.
Unread 11-20-2012, 11:11 PM
Dumbest thing someone has said to you?!!

"Pin the fibroid on the uterus," holy cow, that is freaking hysterical! I'll tell my step-sister that's what I want for my "coming out" party. No, I'm not gay, just celebrating the fibroid coming out! Ha!! I love this thread! Now I don't feel so alone!
  Quote:
Originally Posted by downandout View Post
Thanks ladies ! I love comic relief ! I imagined my party with tampons hanging from ceiling . lightday pads as name tags, pepto bismo shots as you enter. Heating pads and pillows on chairs. Pin the fibroid on the uterus game, winner gets vaginal lubricant ! Yes I have to much time on my hands tonight, can't sleep. Lol. And music by Cyndi lauper girls just wanna have fun.
Unread 11-21-2012, 01:37 AM
Re: Dumbest thing someone has said to you? Throwing a uterus party

[quote=boiler01;3864022]

ME: "God, T...It's not fair. I wanted another baby."
Sister: "I know sweetheart it will be okay."
ME: "No it won't. It's like the end of the world. Sometimes I just want to crawl in a hole and die."
Sister: "I'll trade places with you."

We have talked and we both know each others emotions but I still fell bad that in my pain I marginalized my sisters.

That wasn't dumb, that was natural and your sister probably felt good that you were talking to her like things were normal.

I'm sorry about her illness. You sound close and that's a lot to deal with along with surgery.
Unread 12-30-2012, 01:37 PM

My OBGYN was so cute (and I swear she's 20 years old haha) when she came around to telling me that a hysterectomy was in my future... She said "So, there are a number of ways to deal with this, and we can talk about all of them, but I'm going to recommend a hysterectomy." I said "Ya, I saw that coming" then she hesitated and her inner monologue started out loud: "so, you're almost 46, you have a 25 year old daughter. Umm.. you know this means you can't have any more kids, but since you haven't had one in 25 years, I'm going to presume you don't plan to have any more, ..." and she went on and on and on...

It was hilarious! Her inner dialog kept coming outloud and didn't stop until I finally stopped her and said "Ya, I'm good, I'm not going to have any kids and I'd like to keep my ovaries if possible"

She kind of blankly stared at me and then snapped out of it and said "Wow, I was rambling wasn't I? Sorry about that I was up all last night delivering two sets of twins!"

I just thought it was hilarious.

On the flip side... my friends and family have been great. I work in an IT department, naturally with 3 guys. One of the guys is married to my "BFF" lol. My boss is very understanding, and the third guy is the one that cracks me up... he's so sweet, and hes actually totally fascinated which has caught me off guard. hahaha. When I come back from an appointment he wants to know if the fibroids are shrinking, he wants to know about the laproscopic equipment, and has had a myriad of questions, good ones too! I think he may have missed his calling as a surgeon and accidentally became a network engineer. haha.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register