Dumbest thing someone has said to you?!! - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dumbest thing someone has said to you?!! Dumbest thing someone has said to you?!!

Unread 08-16-2012, 04:00 PM
Re: So, what's the dumbest thing someone has said to you @ surgery?

Ladies - you are all awesome and these stories are unbelievable and believable after living thru this before and now trying to after. Thank you so much for making me laugh and I know that they are making me laugh even harder - now that I can again - because they are so true. Love and best wishes to all of you before, during and after !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2012, 04:37 PM

At 7 weeks post-op I met a friend for drinks one day after work. We'd spent a little time discussing how I was doing & I remarked I had recently had my 6 week check up & my Dr. said my "vagina was good go". We were laughing about it when a nearby drunk decided to inform the whole bar what my Dr. had said!! Thankfully I have a good sense of humor and almost everybody there knew me and knew of my surgery, but seriously, that was the only part of the conversation he heard lol.
Unread 08-16-2012, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceSeeker View Post
Dh says "oh good, while I'm home for two weeks I can re-do the bathroom".

Needless to say I had to explain that all two bathrooms in our house would be need to be available post op.

The thought was nice (we do need a bathroom update, and his staying home for 2 weeks is wonderful!), but the timing? Totally clueless.

This is a funny thread, thanks for starting it
Lol Yep, hubby was going to paint the kitchen and laundry. I pointed out to him that a house full of fumes and a man up a ladder were probably not going to aid my recovery greatly. As it was, I had to remind him that when he was out in the shed all day it would be nice if he came in and did some housework occasionally.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2012, 04:50 PM

My friend just messages me on FB and said "take time to heal, just like I had to with my ankle being in a wheelchair and unable to drive for 2 months"...well hell, they didn't open you up and take any parts out...now did they???? Lol
Unread 08-16-2012, 05:07 PM

The most frustrating for me is "oh you had it done laproscopically...so much easier....you will be good to go in a couple of weeks!" I am not good to go yet and I somehow feel like a failure
Unread 08-16-2012, 05:12 PM

ok I started reading these posts the other day and was laughing so hard, but then today I had a real zinger myself. I had to go to my work and tell them I would not be returning before my Aug 27th surgical date and my supervisor meaning well I am sure began telling me about when she had her gall bladder removed and how by the next day she was at a ballgame and felt just fine. I wanted to just look at her and SCREAM seriously you are comparing your gallbladder being removed laparoscipally to me having a TAH with BOS. LOL thought I just had to share this !!
Unread 08-16-2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by room026 View Post
I got one from my Aunt.. Your going to do what?!!!! Your mother's menopause started at 50. So just WAIT another 3 years and see what happens!!

WHAT?!?!
Sorry Ladies that was SUPPOSE to read Your mothers menopause ENDED at 50. I should just wait another 3 years ( when I turn 50) to see what happens!!!
Unread 08-16-2012, 05:47 PM

I had one from my aunt who said how did you get to have one before me? Like I really WANTED to have one. I just looked at her.

Also had a few funnies at the hospital. I lost count how many times they made me sign papers that said I would never be able to have children. I think someone said it best on here, uh, duh!!

One of the reasons I was having my surgery was due to multiple trials and fails of birth control methods and the last one happened to be Depo which I reacted badly to. I didn't know it, but my doctor listed it on my chart as being allergic to it so everytime there was a nurse change they kept asking me if I was allergic to anything other than Depo and dust. Not to mention it was listed on my bracelet. Ok, like they really are going to give me a Depo shot after a hysterectomy. Anyone see something a little funny about that? And now it is listed so any time I go to the doctor or even to the hospital, which I had to, they ask about it. Unless there is some other use for that shot I don't know about, really doubt I have to worry about being allergic to it anymore!!
Unread 08-16-2012, 06:44 PM

goldensrus, i have also had bad reactions to every method of birth control that i have been on, which is part of the reason my gyn and i decided not to bother even trying another to control my heavy bleeding. the last time i was on the depo, i bled for 9 months straight! it seems anything they have tried to put me on has only made things worse!
Unread 08-16-2012, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixm View Post
goldensrus, i have also had bad reactions to every method of birth control that i have been on, which is part of the reason my gyn and i decided not to bother even trying another to control my heavy bleeding. the last time i was on the depo, i bled for 9 months straight! it seems anything they have tried to put me on has only made things worse!
Mine was daily headaches. Some return of my migraines so not going to do that again. Plus some other just annoying side effects. Unfortunately in my system for three months so had to go on yet another drug to combat the shot and get headaches back under control. Crazy!! Never really reacted to the others, they just didn't work.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register