Just realized My Superbowl party has to be cancelled | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just realized My Superbowl party has to be cancelled Just realized My Superbowl party has to be cancelled

Unread 01-24-2002, 10:51 AM
Just realized My Superbowl party has to be cancelled

I am a complete idiot, I am sitting here making my plans for our annual superbowl party (while checking this site). And it's the same weekend of my surgery.
I guess there isn't anyone here going to tell me it would be possible to have it still? Huh ? Maybe?
K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2002, 12:40 PM

Sure it's possible! Anything's possible! Superbowl's on the3rd right? Heck you'd have had two whole days to recover! Seriously, you could still have the party, you'd probably just feel like saying hello and then go to bed (you have to tape it though, the Patriots winning is going to be something to keep on tape for ever!) the Brady Bunch the Brady Bunch that's the way the Pats became the Brady Bunch!
Unread 01-24-2002, 12:46 PM
LOL

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I think DH would be po'd if we had to cancel it all together, maybe I can drop the guest list ifrom around 30 to just a few close friends. We cancelled one year because I was miscarrying. So at least this is a better/happier reason.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2002, 01:03 PM
Don't want to rain on the parade...

Osotired, Do you think you might still be in the hospital?
Unread 01-24-2002, 01:17 PM

What type of surgery are you having? I hate to spoil it for you but something to think about. If you are having a TAH you might not be out on the 3rd BUT if you are having TVH you might just make it to the . So, ask your doc how long he plans on you being in it might help you with your plans. I was in for 3 nights after a TAH but some go home after 2 nights and some TVH go home the next day. It really jsut depends on your doc and how you are doing. They like you to be able to eat solids, pee, and have a BM before leaving. Good luck!!!
Unread 01-24-2002, 01:19 PM

Hi There!

I think it might be easier if you just place a call to the NFL powers that be, explain the situation, and ask if they could just play the game THIS weekend instead of next. It's for a good cause!

Well, seriously.... good point, you could possibly still be in the hospital, OR just be getting home from the hospital as your guests arrive. If it were me, I would not want this happening in my home as I was just out of the hospital, but that's just me.

Unread 01-24-2002, 03:11 PM

We had a small party (Irish music session) a couple of days after I got home from my TAH, and it was pretty cool. A couple of the guests even came out and did laps with me around the driveway (me in my PJs). *If* you are home in time (big if, with a TAH - I think I was at the castle 3 nights, and I did pretty well)- you might have fun - but here are the rules:
- You do not lift a finger to prepare, or to clean up. Hire a caterer if you must, but you are not available to so much as open a bag of chips.
- You are not the Hostess. You do not get drinks or snacks for anyone, or even answer the door. You can point to the cooler.
- Have a reserved spot for you - on the couch or in your favorite easy chair - someplace comfortable. Do not get stuck perching on a wooden bench.
- You can leave to go lie down anytime you like (I took two long naps during our music thing).
- You stay in your PJs, or possibly baggy sweats. You are allowed to look unkempt, and disshevelled. Don't feel obliged to put on makeup.
- If you do go to lie down, be sure your DH (or a friend) *will* come check on you about every 20-30 minutes to see if you need help getting to the bathroom, or getting out of bed, for instance.
- Have a designated, sober person. I don't know if your Superbowl parties are big drinking shindigs, but somebody should be in a condition to keep an eye on you, and safely drive you to an ER, just in case.

If you can arrange to meet all those conditions, then I think you could do it. If you're still in the castle, maybe invite someone to watch it with you (if you feel up to it) - they can bring some goodies to eat/drink (doctor's orders permitting, of course).
Unread 01-24-2002, 03:46 PM
SUPER BOWEL

Hi,

good question, my op is for 4th feb which is a week on Monday,this question has been discussed betwen hubby and me-do we go out, do we stay in, I think its down to how you feel at the time, I have to take loo stuff on the sunday so its abit difficult to me to arrange to go far from home, if you are not taking anything on the weekend then go for it, it may take your mind of things.....I think its down to how you feel onthe day,

anyway, good luck and wishes to you.
fromthe uk....
Alixx
Unread 01-24-2002, 03:48 PM
Yikes - are you kidding?

Whoa - I am having surgery the same day as you. You are a better woman than I to be thinking of having a party on Sunday. At the earliest, I think I may *possibly* come home from the hospital on Sunday, it may not be until Monday. But at any rate, no way would I be able to have a party at my house that day.

Would your DH really be upset about cancelling the party? Does he understand this is MAJOR surgery?

Good luck!
Unread 01-24-2002, 03:58 PM
My sisters here care more than DH!!!!!

I am scheduled for a TVH possible BSO (undecided). DD said I would be home Sat. Kinda ***** cuz when I gave birth I got 2 days in the hosp. If I'm home & feeling up to a party then I will be a good girl and not do anything, I wont clean & cook and play hostess. It will be hard osohard not to do anything but my friends are all really greatand will take over. And even tho DH talks a hard game he can be a teddy bear. But I think just in case I will call the guests and tell them the party is off unless they get a call that morn. I think it would be for the best. We have some very memorable (if ya can) parties and I really don't want to do anything stupid. Thanks

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register