new here | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-25-2002, 09:10 AM
new here

thanks so much for all the great information on this site. just found it lately. i have been having problems for years. cysts on ovaries. went for removal 20 years ago and then irregular bleeding. one year ago i had lap done because of cysts and bleeding for 2 months. it worked for a year and half and then in sept. bleeding started again for 2 months straight. went for endo ablation in november of this year and they found endo and fibroids.the dr could not do ablation because my uterus was size of 4 month pregancy. i became anemic blood count down to 8 and went for ultrasound and they found that the reason i am having pain is my ovary is attached to my intestine. really scared about that. i have pinching pain a lot on that side.dr. basically said tah would be the best with bikini incision. scared to death. did anyone have problem with ovary attaching to other organs? with the bikini incision do they cut into vagina also? any info would be great. thanks so much. i love the site. visit as much as i can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2002, 10:30 AM
SOMEWHAT OF THE SAME PROBLEM...

HI JENN,

I HAD SOMEWHAT OF THE SAME PROBLEM A YEAR AGO WAS HAVING PAIN FOR WHAT SEEM TO BE A YEAR AFTER GIVING BIRTH TO MY 3RD CHILD. WHICH I GOT A VERY BAD INFECTION INSIDE, FROM MY INCISION ( C-SECTION) x3...

SO, I KEPT GOING BACK AND FORTH TO MY DR. AND HE SAID THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG...

SO, I WENT TO HAVE A 2ND OPINION... AND FOUND OUT AFTER MANY TEST, THAT I HAD VERY BAD SCARING AND THAT DURING SURGERY MY RIGHT OVARY WAS ATTACHED TO THE INCISION ALONG WITH OTHER ORGANS...

KEPT THE OVARIES IN... NOW, HERE I AM A YEAR TO THE MONTH LATER AND I HAVE TO GO IN ... IN FOUR MORE DAYS TO HAVE THEM REMOVED... FOUND OUT THAT THE LEFT OVARY IS COVERED WITH CYSTS, THE RIGHT ONE LOOKS TO BE OK, BUT THE DR. SAID ITS BEST TO TAKE BOTH OUT AT THIS TIME, SO I WON'T HAVE TO GO THROUGH ANOTHER SURGERY...

I HOPE MY LITTLE STORY HELPS YOU SOME... GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!

ALISA
Unread 01-25-2002, 10:47 AM
new here

Jenn,

I'm 8 weeks post op from a TAH/BSO. In June 2001 I had a lap myomectomy for fibroid removal but my doc discovered stage 4 endo during the procedure. My right ovary was stuck to right ureter and both were stuck to sidewall of peritoneum. I had a urologist there during surgery to put stents in my ureters (these were attached to the catheter, very thin tubes) so my doc could safely excise the ureter from the ovary and adhesions. Everything went fine, the catheter with stents attached was removed about 24 hours after surgery ... not painful at all.
With the bikini cut (that's what I had) you generally don't have vaginal incisions except for the vaginal cuff (top of vagina is sewn closed). This assumes your cervix has been removed along with uterus. If you are keeping your cervix, I'm not sure if you have something like a vaginal cuff or not ??
Feel free to send a private message if I can answer other questions. I had stage 4 endo, so my surgery included a lot of "stripping."

Best of luck,
Beth

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register