Post-Op self-care | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post-Op self-care Post-Op self-care

Unread 01-25-2002, 10:55 AM
Post-Op self-care

Maybe a silly question but I'm in Egypt and my Doc is in Germany. When can I cleanse internally or douche??? My first check-up will be at 10 1/2 weeks post-op when can I resume sex?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2002, 11:03 AM
Post-Op self-care

Safiye, I really think that you should ask these questions from your doctor. Is there any possibility of seeing a doctor closer to home for these type of questions as you wait for your Post-Op?

Usually, the rule is "nothing in the vagina" for 6 weeks or until released by your doctor. An internal exam usually precedes your release, to ensure that everything is healing up normally.

Wishing you the best of luck.

Unread 01-25-2002, 11:09 AM
Cleansing

OK...but I seem to have alot yeast I would like cleanse as I don't feel clean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2002, 11:25 AM
Post-Op self-care

It would help me help you if you indicated whether you've had your surgery yet or are preparing for it.

Either way, have you mentionned that yeast to your doctor? It could be an infection and cleansing might actually increase the problem instead of reducing it.

In cases like these, it is really important to discuss these issues with your doctor. While the members can offer BTDT advice and support, this is not a medical site. Even doctors can rarely offer medical care without actually examining the patient.
Unread 01-25-2002, 11:49 AM
Post-Op self-care

Safiye if your surgeon is not available do call your regular doctor. A yeast infection should be treated with the appropriate presciption. A douche is not going to clear up a yeast infection and may cause you more damage should you not be healed properly. As Dany said, you should have an examination to ensure healing before resuming sexual activity. While most docs do say nothing in the vagina for 6 weeks for some of us (me) it is longer. I was not able to resume sexual relations until week 10 and still had some granulation(overgrowth of tissue in the incision that can bleed) at 5 months that had to be taken care of.
Not trying to harp at all but do be careful. You could cause yourself a whole nother set of problems. Do give your regular doc a call and see what he is able to do for you concerning the yeast problem.
BTW, are you having a discharge or smell or is it an irritation down there. Low levels of estrogen can mimic a yeast infection but there would be no discharge or funky smell. Either way its something your doctor is going to have to address S

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register