Severe Dysplasia - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Severe Dysplasia Severe Dysplasia

Unread 03-04-2002, 11:58 AM
Severe Dysplasia

Hi Kedda, I had a leep under general as well.

It is important not to lift anything heavy as there are areas that must heal , inside. If you notice that the 'discharge' is getting heavy then give the Dr a call, as sometimes there can be an area that needs to be 'silver nitrated'. Usually the discharge should end at about 3 weeks , I think.

Please let us know how it all goes, love to you xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2002, 05:40 AM
Severe Dysplasia

Thought I would drop a line here while I am in the midst of a panic attack!

Still waiting for the results of the biopsy, I guess I am expecting cancer to have been found....not really sure why.

To add to my general state of stress....the doctor's office called yesterday to say my mamogram results were back and there is something suspicious, I need to go back for more views and possibly an ulltrasound. Of course the first appointment available is April 11! Don't they realize the stress involved in the wait????

Kedda
Unread 03-06-2002, 06:21 AM
{{{Kedda}}}

Yes, the waiting is the worst part. If it was anything they were very concerned about you would have been scheduled for the next day or two. As we get older, are on HRT or BCP or any meds that could change the appearance of breast tissue, things like this often appear.

I have been scared by an office call from the Dr.s a time or 2 myself, only to be told after worrying that it was just due to a med or aging. {it's not an ego booster to be referred to as aging, either.}

I know it's easier said than done, but try to relax and do something fun just for you. A pedicure, a day in bed with a good book, a big hot fudge sundae, lunch with a friend, a massage...these are all ways I try to relax and maybe one or 2 sound like fun to you, too.

Wishing you peace.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}

kaatie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2002, 10:00 AM
yeah what she (Kaatie) said,

Kedda,

I just want you to know that we are all thinking about you and lifting you up in our prayers.
Like you needed something else on your mind.
The key is early detection- which is the place you are at for all of the stuff you are facing.
Try to stay encouraged-- do you have a United Dairy Farmers store in your city- they have incredible hot fudge. (Right out of the jar, I might add.) Kaatie is right- treat yourself - you could use a boost right now.
((())) hugs to you.

DeEtte
Unread 03-06-2002, 11:46 AM
Severe Dysplasia

Sending lots of hugs and prayers your way , Kedda. I just hate it when the Drs office rings and says something then you have to wait. The thoughts take off and .............. well I feel like I am losing it. It is also very normal while waiting for results to expect the worst

It is a good idea of Kaaties to do some special things for yourself, you deserve it and it will take the mind of it for a while. Please know that we are all here for you ,
Unread 03-13-2002, 05:33 AM
Severe Dysplasia

Just a quick update....the results of the LEEP were good and bad! They did not find cancer, which is good. But on the negative side, no clear margins either.

Doctor wants to WAIT....let everything heal and then do another PAP. She says she cauterized everything and maybe that took care of all the bad cells that were left.

I have mixed feelings about waiting. Not having major surgery if it is not absolutely necessary seems like a good idea, but starting all over again with another PAP means weeks and weeks of waiting before knowing what is going on.

I have an appointment on 4/4, but doctor doubts cervix will be healed enough for a PAP at that time. So it looks like it will be May before the success/failure of the LEEP will be known.

Thanks to all of you who have been supportive....it sure is nice to have a place to go where people understand the emotions involved!

Kedda
Unread 03-13-2002, 11:47 AM
Severe Dysplasia

Kedda,

I bet you are feeling somewhat relieved. Thank goodness no cancer. Sometimes it feels like all of this will never end.
You are on the right track, doing everything you can. The waiting is by far the worst part of it.
I have a follow up PAP myself in April. Looking for residuals. So I will be thinking about you. Thanks for keeping us up to date- I have been thinking about you from time to time, wondering how it has panned out. (Keeping u in my prayers as well.)

Be encouraged that you are in good hands and on the right path!

DeEtte
Unread 03-14-2002, 09:02 AM
cervix pulling to determine hyst method

I had the cervix pull on 2/26 to see if I could go LAVH instead of TAH. It wasn't that bad at all. I was nervous because I had an endometrial biopsy in December where they used a dilator on me. The dilator hurt alot! I thought the discomfort from the cervical pull was minimal.

Hope this helps!

Susan
Unread 03-14-2002, 09:11 PM
thank you!!

Well, when I went to my appt. the doctor said she wouldn't actually do the pull thing until I was under the anesthesia, so I freaked myself out for nothing!! lol! They also bumped my surgery to 4/5 now, since I guess they couldn't get the anesthesiologist on the 2nd, and wussy that I am, I think I'd like some anesthesia!! Hee hee...I must be tireed, better go to bed, but thank you for your reassurance!
Hugs!
Unread 03-21-2002, 05:32 AM
Severe Dysplasia

Two more weeks until the follow-up appointment after my LEEP. I am uncomfortable with the wait (still bleeding now...so no pap for a while).

I have a whole list of questions for the doctor, one of the biggest being that each test performed indicated the problem was worse than previously thought ( pap....colposcopy....LEEP). Since the pap indicated only mild dysplasia when the problem was much more severe, how can that be used as a diagnostic tool of the success of the LEEP?

Did any of you request to go ahead and do a hyst instead of starting back at the pap test again? Is it unreasonable to just want it out????

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register