need advice or personal experience/opinions please!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

need advice or personal experience/opinions please!! need advice or personal experience/opinions please!!

Unread 01-25-2002, 01:49 PM
need advice or personal experience/opinions please!!

Hi Ladies!
This is about my grandmother. She went in this morning for a laperoscopy for vaginal bleeding, pain, and abnormal sono. The doc was not very specific according to my mother but did mention Dysplasia. This was the only medical term she used. She took tissue, fluid, and uterine biopsies (sp?). She said she had alot of tissue and was unsure why and within the tissue were tons of small round things that looked like grapes she didnt have a name for those like cyst or anything just said what they looked like. She said those things and the tissue concerned her and could not technically say (because she is not a pathologist) it was cancer but felt for sure it was. Nana (grandma) goes back to see her in 10 days and doc said she wanted to schedule a hyst even if the pathology report says it is not cancerous because it looked pre cancerous. What is anyones thoughts on this??? Anyone who has had similiar experience to this please let me know your experience and how your doctor treated it. Thanks so much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2002, 03:23 PM

HI, RENEE,
YOUR GRANDMOTHER WILL BE FINE , I'M SURE.
I'M PRETTY SURE THAT DYSPLASIA MEANS PRE-CANCEROUS.
IF I'M WRONG, THE LADIES ON THIS SITE WILL CORRECT ME.
PRE-CANCEROUS IS NOT CANCER, BUT COULD TURN INTO IT.
IF YOUR NANA NEEDS A HYST, THEY WILL KNOW AFTER THE
PATHOLOGY REPORT COMES BACK.
MOST OF THE TIME, DYSPLASIA IS REMOVED BY A HYST.
AFTER THAT SHE SHOULD BE FINE.
PLEASE DON'T WORRY TOO MUCH ABOUT THIS. YOUR NANA WILL BE O.K.
WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE DOCTOR AND PATH REPORT.
BE PATIENT DEAR ONE.
Unread 01-25-2002, 11:47 PM

Hi Renee, it is hard to see someone close to us suffering and it is very frightening.

Dysplasia is usually regarded as pre-cancer and there are different grades. Each grade is treated differently , so it depends on which grade your Nana has as to how she will be treated. CIN3/severe dysplasia almost always progresses to cancer if not treated. But you will find that there are lots of ladies here who had this and a hysterectomy has cured them

I hope all goes well for your nan and I will keep her in my prayers. She is blessed having a caring grand-daughter like you. Give her a big x x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2002, 07:37 AM
{{{Renee}}}

Just want to pop in and give you a big . I did have uterine cancer and removal of my uterus was the only treatment needed. The cancer had not invaded more than 1/3 of the uterine wall. I was given an organ wash {chemo solution} to kill any free floating cancer cells as precaution. I am fine now, 14 months later and still cancer free!

Nana may have endometrial dysplasia, which is usually slow progressing. Sounds like her Dr. is right on top of things. Here is a link about hyperplasia.
http://www.baymoon.com/~gyncancer/li.../aa110600b.htm

I know how worried you must be about Nana, and Nana must be scared, too. Support and lots of hugs is what she needs and I am sure you will provide lots of both. And don`t forget to tell her about the upside of surgery...no vacuuming.

Please tell Nana we are all here and praying for her and keep us posted about her situation, ok?

{{{{{{{{{{{{big hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}

kaatie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register